“Best location you could ask for!”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel once again was a great stay. There was just one little thing, the knats that were continuosly flying @ our balcony door. We had to call front desk to have them spray, so after that everything was good. I truly enjoy myself every time we stay here. I also love how everything is in walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I had made reservations at Quality Inn based on reviews from others. You never know what to expect since not everyone has a positive review. I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk staff were always polite and helpful. We arrived 1 hour early and was able to get our room. We needed extra towels one morning and they arrived to our room within the hour. Room was clean, bathroom was clean and that was a big plus!! No compliants from our stay. We will definately stay there again and recommend to others.
Adjoining restaurant "Chix" was great. We ended up eating there 3 nights in a row.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any quiet rooms on the entire block due to the close military aviation t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank April1226
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed here this weekend for a beach weened trip. Our trip was nice and quality inn was good. Great location but needs some updating. The front desk was awesome and even told us where to park so we could get out in the morning due to an event that closed all the streets.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years during the Labor Day long weekend. Each time has been for the Rock and Roll Marathon.

The good: It is on the beach side. It is close to the main stage. They have special pool side events, ice cream party, snow cones, etc. Free breakfast. Can see the beach from the pool. Most if not all rooms face the beach. Free internet.

The bad: Like a lot of Virginia Beach hotels they are over priced, need renovations and compared to other beach destinations don't offer much for the money. I don't think I have notice any real improvements during the last few years.

Service is ok but can be improved on.

Virginia Beach hotels are a monopoly in general and know they will fill up because it is a beach destination. That is not a reason for crappy rooms and less then average service.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end of either the horse shoe and on a upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This Hotel is very clean, right on the beach and very relaxing.The staff was helpful,The view from our room was breathtaking. I had stayed here 10 years ago and found it to be just as nice and well kept as it was then. It is seperated from some of the restuarants and attractions but not anything a short walk couldnt fix..

1  Thank wenand
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stay mostly at Choice Hotels when I travel This is a keeper, although I think it is a little over priced you have a great location , We had an Ocean view room. great choice , Plenty of things to do close by as well as restaurants, The only thing I did not care for was parking across the street . But they said there was security and it seemed safe it is shared by another hotel and also has public parking too on the second floor .

For as many Choice hotel I have ever stayed at over the years this one had the best breakfast of them all. Sausage eggs and hash brown potatoes were all made fresh , Not the usual Microwave food this was made on site I'm sure good selection of pastry too . The only thing they did not have was the waffles I have seen at all the other places I stayed, No big deal I don't eat them any way .

I would recommended this place for Location and breakfast . Front desk was very nice and as always helpful I booked on line so check in was pain less I will be back some day I am sure

1  Thank fish_oinc
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites last week. I was extremely disappointed with the hotel room. We had 4 people staying in our room, and it was soooo small. There was only one dresser for all of us to try to share. The AC in the room is LOUD! The air vents are filthy. The tub drains SLOWLY, and you can not use it for a bath, just a shower. Our door lock to the sliding patio door broke off and we had to wait 2 days for it to be replaced. There were burn holes in the comforter on our bed (we were on a non-smoking floor), we weren't initially given linens for the fold out couch. The staff at the restaurant onsite are rude and don't bother to come back to check on their tables. If you order food from that restaurant while you're at the pool, they'll automatically charge an 18% gratuity to your check. The hallways and elevators are NOT airconditioned. There were noisy inconsiderate teenagers running up and down our hallway slamming into the walls and doors. The indoor and ourdoor pools are NOT heated. You have to park acrossed the street from the Hotel, plus the outdoor pool is acrossed the street from the Hotel. All in all I must say that people are getting SEVERLY ripped off for the price that you pay at this Hotel. I don't quite understand why it's called Quality Inn and Suites when they DO NOT have any suites at this Hotel!!! Don't set your standards high, because you'll be setting yourself up for a let down!

3  Thank AmyS69