“Drab little shop in Town Center”

Confetti Cafe And Gelato
Ranked #19 of 51 Dessert in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed 25 May 2013

When I was commuting between Norfolk and Virginia Beach, I asked about independent coffee shops in the area. Aside from Bean There, this was the only other place anyone could think of.

I was disappointed. It should just be billed as a Gelato shop. There is very little Caffee about it. It looked like my mocha was made from one of those premade mixes: add water.

The Gelato also looked chain-made, not home made. We didn't try it, though, so can't comment on the taste.

The decor was cold and cheap feeling. If you're used to the decent decor of a Starbucks, the homey faxufactured feel of a Panera, or even the ecclectic and sometimes tacky appearance of an indie coffee shop, this place will feel like the Dollar General of coffee shops. There's nothing but drab faux-wood tan throughout.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Ate lunch again here with same friend as last time. Today we both tried the Strawberry and Almond salad....mmmmmmm
The spinach and other leaves were fresh ,very generous amount of fruit in there, just delicious!!!!!
This is becoming one of my favourite eating places in Town Center.
Beautiful day,and there are a few tables outside if you care to eat Al Fresco.

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I didn't think the gelato was bad, but I did not find it special either. I actually thought it tasted a little more like ice cream than gelato, but that is my opinion.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Last Sunday afternoon, we stopped in for gelato, since we don't have any great gelato at home. Another couple there when we arrived, had a meal, followed with gelato. But after reading reviews, we decided to skip a meal there. I chose the raspberry [lactose free] & pistachio. We also tasted a pistachio-?marscapone flavor, which was good, but pistachio flavor was subdued in that one. Hubby had pistachio & ?dark Belgian chocolate - both also fantastic. Another customer arrived as we were trying to make our selections. A couple other families came while we were savoring our treats. This is not a bargain place, but considering the cost of a trip to Italy...it's worth it once in awhile.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Food is great!! Service is great, but with only 2 employees-- small space-- when they have a ""rush"" you can wait awhile ! BUT it it well worth it!!! Don't go if you are in a hurry!!!