“Currently the best Indian buffet in Virginia Beach”
Review of Rajput - CLOSED

Rajput
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rajput Indian Cuisine is serving Hampton Roads Since 1999.Rajput Virginia Beach is First Indian Virginia State Certified Restaurant in Virginia. Some of our ingredients are organically grown and provide a healthy touch to this wholesome cuisine. Our signature dishes are served organic brown rice as well as Gourmet basmati rice. Our tandoori items are served with choice of low fat herb yogurt sauce or tikka masala sauce & organic brown rice. The organic wine selection is a perfect complement to this experience. The chefs at Rajput likes to use natural soybean oil for cooking which is cholesterol and salt free.Serves Lunch buffet, fine dining, takeout, delivery, Separate gluten free / vegan menu, Kids Menu, Catering, Party Trays, Full Bar, Banquet Room, patio dining,
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Encouraged by the good reviews on this site I tried the lunch buffet. I was somewhat skeptical as I had tried the buffet at this restaurant's Norfolk location some time ago and that had not been good. My experience here was a great improvement. The food was well prepared with a good variety of items including a soup which I have never found included with Indian buffets elsewhere. Excellent and tasty mild chille chicken and good tandoori chicken, mainly large thigh pieces which were moist and actually had the taste of the tandoori spice unlike recent experience at another restaurant where the chicken pieces were dry and tasteless. Staff attentive without being intrusive and were quick to replace buffet items when required. All in all good value.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

After our TERRIBLE experience at the Norfolk location (and a subsequently awful takeout experience), we decided to try this location for dinner one night. I got the vegetarian special tray (Veg Thali), which had a variety of food (that's how I'm used to eating indian). I think it was good value for money; it had roti, rice pudding, palak paneer, veg korma (which I got hot and it was amazeballs), rice and raita sauce. Overall, a good experience. We may go back with a group for dinner in September.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our family loves dining at Indian restaurants. I started scanning through the online reviews during our vacation to the beach. Found this one that DID have a buffet and some positive remarks. We had just enough time to hurry there before lunch closing. Got there with 6 minutes to spare...last customers...they made us fresh naan, asked if we would like more...had the full buffet out and kept it out until we were satisfied. Asked twice before starting to ready for the dinner menu. Brought us delicious pudding as a surprise. The food was splendid. The service was so polite and accommodating that I apologized twice for our late arrival. Fantastic deal. Wife and daughter (and myself) very happy. Bonus points for Dad !! Back to the hotel to sleep it off!
Yes, i would absolutely recommend the lunch buffet.
Did, to someone trying to get in as we were leaving...she would be back, hearing from someone else good things already.
Thank You, Rajput! See you next year.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Lunch buffet was fresh and had good variety even for a slow weekday. They brought fresh naan bread to the table right away and were very attentive with service. I highly recommend this place for a lunch, especially if you need it to be quick but great.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The food was great, we ordered take out online and the food was readdy and hot when i went to pick it up right on time. my only complaint was that I played it too safe with my order. Next time I will go for something spicier! I did feel that the dinner menu prices were a bit on the pricy side,(for take out) next time I will def check out the lunch buffet. Though I am concerned that eating in the restaurant would be a good experience considering the strong sent of curry in the air? I love to eat curry but when the smell permeates an entire establishment it is a bit of a turn off to me. All in all I would def recoment this place to anyone in the mood for Indian!!