“Flipping Fantastic - Staff is WONDERFUL”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Flipping Fantastic - Staff is WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were originally on our way to FL and the trip was canceled for several reasons outside our control. We decided to have a little Staycation (we're from Chesapeake) and I'd never actually stayed on the beach before. We have a fantabulous room on the top floor with a stunning view, the room was squeaky clean and the staff! Oh, the staff. Cheerful, helpful (at ANY time of the the day or night) they so impressed us that we decided to extend our stay here from two nights to five. I can't imagine a place with better service. It's at the quieter end of the strip, but not far from the hot spots out here and I think it's pretty darn perfect! I know if I come back, I'll be staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Wow! Thank you, Melissa B, for such a fabulous review! I am so glad our staff took care of you throughout your stay! I know they will be so excited to hear your kind comments. Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel! Please let me know if I can be of service for any other "staycations". Have a 'fantabulous' year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I had to make a business trip to the Virginia Beach area and decided to stay at the Courtyard North property as it was a good value. In the Summertime, the rates at this hotel would be out of my league, but in Winter, they are much less. This hotel is fairly new and has plenty of parking, all rooms are beachfront. Upon check in I asked if I could be put on a high floor and was given a room on the 10th floor. The view was stunning and if it were just a bit warmer, I could have sat on the small patio watching the waves roll in. I really regretted having to leave this hotel and vowed to return when I'm in the area. This property also has an indoor pool and hot tub that overlooks the "concrete" boardwalk. The staff was very accommodating and overall, I had a great stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good here!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your review! You picked a great time to visit us as we are not full-house throughout most of the winter. The overflow lot immediately across the street from the hotel makes it convenient for our guests to find additional parking when needed. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your high-floor request as it is much easier to do so during the off-season. I hope you choose to stay with us again and please don't hesistate to contact me directly if you need to make reservaitons. Take care and safe travels!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I frequently visit this hotel for quick weekend getaways. Always clean. Always comfortable. Great staff. Well maintained. Visited the weekend of November 1st. Planning on returning the weekend of Jan 27th. A perfect, quick to get to location to just show up, relax, and return home refreshed. I have stayed her numerous times as a "couple's" weekend and have never experienced anything negative. The hotel's location is great because it is on the northend of the strip so it is away from the majority of the "noise" and action. The beds are incredible and everything inside the room is always spotless.

For the sake of providing an informative review I will suggest that before coming you check the Virginia Beach Convention Center schedule. As the Center and area is becomong more popular for regional and national events the hotel can become very crowded with a wide range of guests such as soccer, field hockey, and cheer teams - especially during the beach offseason.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front and have a balcony. The online description lists different types of rooms...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Halio571
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I appreciate your comments and the staff will be pleased to hear of your excellent review! Our hotel is indeed perfect for the quick getaway, or "staycation". I hope you continue to think of us for your next couple's weekend - Valentine's Day is just around the corner, afterall! Thank you, again, for your time and we appreciate all your feedback!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Courtyard VA Beach North is the remodeled hotel. Courtyard South begins renovating this year. So, for the same price, I suggest you choose the Courtyard North on 37th & Atlantic. Room/bathroom was clean. All rooms have a view of the water.

Only one issue: I could just push hard on my hotel room door in order to open it. Didn't even need a key. This should be fixed ASAP!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AmianB
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for your review and the hotel tip regarding the renovation at Courtyard South. I am so sorry to hear that the door of your guest room did not latch effectively! I'll speak to our Engineering staff about this so we can ensure other guests don't have the same issue. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we can be of service to you in the future. Best wishes for you and your family in the New Year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the 10th floor and it was awesome! Very clean I requested extra towels and pillows and a room on a high floor and they honored all of my requests. The view was amazing our hall was very quiet. Indoor pool and spa was nice and just the overall customer service was great couldn't have asked for anything better!

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so pleased we were able to fulfill your requests throughout your stay! I'll be sure to share your comments with our staff. And, I hope you think of us the next time you vacation in Virginia Beach! Best of luck to you and your family in the New Year!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Easy walk to some great restaurants- walls a little thin with some New Years partying going on but we expected some of that. Slept with the door to the ocean cracked & heard the waves all night long (5th floor).

1 Thank urbanagrl
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you chose to ring in the New Year with us! The weather this past weekend was especially beautiful so it's great you were able to take advantage of sleeping to the sound of the ocean! Now you know where to go for your next beach vacation! Thank you,again, and I hope you have a prosperous year!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We spent 2 nights in the last week of Dec in a queen suite. I had requested for high floor and was given the 10th floor. Rooms are reasoanbly sized and view is awesome. The hotel though oceanside and at walking distance from most attractions, is quieter than a number of other hotels on the strip. It's well maintained and convenient for a relaxing stay. No complaints about service either. One minor issues were - our balcony was very dirty with food stuff thrown all over (likely by last guests) when we checked in, which put us off big time. They cleaned it quickly, but some first impression damage was done.
All in all, a good hotel and I will be happy to come back again.

• Stayed December 2011
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 1 January 2012
Thank you for your review! Being away from the busier parts of the strip makes it easy for our guests to enjoy a quieter atmosphere here. I apologize for the poor first impression of your balcony and I will address this concern with our staff. I'm glad we were able to respond quickly and take care of your needs so you could enjoy the view! Please feel free to contact me when you decide to make reservations for your next beach vacation.