“best tele in va beach!!!”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roselle, New Jersey, United States
“best tele in va beach!!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

i absoultely lovvvvvved it. it was a nice place the rooms were goregous very spacious there was an indoor pool and outdoor pool a gym room it had its own breakfast area down stair where they serve u..workers were so helpful and nice..parking is wonderful..very cleannnnn jus all around beautiful..ill defintely come baack...when the rate of the rooms go down..lol

Room Tip: upper levels..better veiw of the beach
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you 'lovvvvvved' it! And, thank you for posting pictures of our Oceanfront Suite. You mentioned all the highlights of our hotel and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our rates change regularly so keep your on eye on them, especially in the fall. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I rarely write reviews but feel I must this time..stayed here for a 2 day getaway with a friend..paid extra just to have a nice place to stay..this hotel is nothing like they represent...1st room filthy..then paid extra to upgrade just to get a clean room and that room was dirty too!! Im not super picky either!! Whirlpool button broken, bugs/mold at indoor pool/ cigg burns on blanket/ dead bugs on balcony window (there went the view) bathtub with hair in it and balcony dirty...it was rediculous..I am attaching pictures that I snapped with my phone..I also emailed corporate with this info a month ago along with my pictures and never got a reaponse back to make things right or even acknowledge my email...buyer beware dont do it it will ruin your vacation!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
8 Thank thebushtribe
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize for your disappointment. I am so sorry the guest rooms you occupied were not cleaned properly. I know that it must have been very frustrating to arrive with an expectation of a relaxing getaway and then at every moment you were encountered with a problem. Please know that your comments will be addressed with all department heads. The experience you had is not reflective of our standard. I will make every effort to ensure this does not happen to future guests. Thank you for your feedback. Again, I sincerely apologize for the many pitfalls of your getaway. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Positives:
the lobby is spacious, lots of electrical outlets and a variety of seating.
The staff at the front desk were professional and friendly
The view of the ocean of course

Negatives:
This is a big negative: The mattress was uncomfortable and the pillows were those cheap pillows my parents made me use when I was a kid. I had a poor night sleep as a result.
Cost--granted we went during a busy holiday weekend over St Patrick's Day

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for your review! Our lobby does offer quite a few outlets and seating for guests wishing to get connected to laptops and gather for meetings and/or dinner. I'm glad you found my front desk staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay. And, of course, all of our guest rooms do offer a spectacular view of the ocean. I am really disappointed from reading your comments about your mattress and pillows. I'm sorry you slept poorly during your stay with us. If you choose to stay with us again I hope the next time we can provide you with different pillows and perhaps a room with a more comfortable mattress. Please contact me directly if you would like to stay with us the next time you come to the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a prosperous year!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was recently in Virginia Beach for a wedding and opted to come down a day early and stay on the oceanfront. This is a standard Courtyard by Mariott, however this Courtyard probably does not have the standard clientele, as the beach brings in families and other events that an interstate or airport Courtyard would.

The hotel at a glance:

PROS:
- Been remodeled recently
- Located in the northern section of VA Beach, a new, higher-end portion of the strip
- Lots of parking (granted, off-season)
- Beautiful lobby
- Boardwalk, beach

CONS:
- While it has been remodeled recently, it looks like it had already been beaten up a little bit (elevators, signage outside grime)
- Super cheap balcony furniture
- Room service dishes sat in hallway for hours

In all, this is an upscale hotel that is perfect place for a quick visit to the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DCTraveler2786
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you offered some pros & cons to your input. All are valid points - recently renovated, northern part of the Oceanfront, parking on-site and immediately across from hotel, open lobby space for dining at the Bistro and for group gatherings, and the hotel has access to the boardwalk and beach. I apologize for the lack of attention to the dishes left in the hallway. I have notified our restaurant and housekeeping staffs of this and I assure you we will be more attentive. Thank you for letting me know of this concern. I hope you choose us again when looking for a quick visit to the beach. Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations. And, thanks again for your time and review!
washington dc
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great hotel spot on the beach. Customer service was good. Very clean. Walk out the door right on to the beach. We had a king suite which has a separate sitting area, a dining table, wet bar with microwave and desk. It also comes with 2 entry ways to the balcony from the sitting area and bedroom. They had a mixup with our room and gave us a free breakfast at the Bistro restaurant in the hotel. The breakfast was good. Eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes, toast & jelly and juice. We rented bikes and road them on the boardwalk at $7 an hour. We also went and had couples massages 10 mins away at Ambiance Spa. Overall, it was a good stay. We would come back.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank touringtheworldyoung
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review! All of our 60 suites offer a fantastic view of the ocean! The center king suite you stayed in is actually the only one of its kind at our property - it offers one king bed in the bedroom, the living room arrangement (pull-out sofa), and kitchenette. The other 39 center suites offer two queen-sized beds in the bedroom with the other suite amenities. These center suites, as you mentioned, have access to the balcony from both the bedroom and living room. Our corner suites have the balconies with ocean view from the living room only; the bedroom has a window-view of the city. I apologize for the mix-up with the room, but I'm glad you had the opportunity to try out the Bistro! And, thank you for the references to attractions within walking distance of our hotel! Readers will definitely find your input worthwhile. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel - I appreciate your comments and kind thoughts! I hope you choose us again the next time you find yourself "touringtheworldyoung" in Virginia Beach!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Pretty nice hotel - standard Marriott. Amazing beach fronts views (from every room) - we were on the top floor and it was awesome. Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: 11th floor offers amazing views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dane S
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you for your quick review! I appreciate your input about our higher floor rooms. The 11th floor is the highest floor and you're right - the view is amazing! Higher floor rooms are by request and accommodations are made based on availability. Thanks for choosing us and I hope you come back to see us again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2012

It was the end of our trip and this was suppose to be a stop over and we decided to stay an extra night.
Room was very clean with a hot tube that after our car ride was fantastic.Bed was very comfortable, location great, staff friendly, and the views were fantastic. Great place to watch the sun rise.
We will be back without hesitation

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J P F
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in one of our jacuzzi rooms! All of our guest rooms offer an ocean view so it's easy to walk out onto the balcony and watch the sunrise. Thank you for choosing our property and I hope the next time you need another stop over you think of us! Safe travels!