“First Visit....and I'll be back!”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great location, excellent customer service. Highly recommend staying here. Helpful, friendly front desk staff. In fact, all staff were great. Valets (shout out to Tony!) befriended my grandson. Very, very nice hotel that is family friendly, but would be a great getaway for a couple.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your kind feedback. Our valet team, and Tony, and excited to hear that they made your stay with us more memorable. The atmosphere is very family friendly and inviting. I hope next time you are in Virginia Beach, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed in a suite for the long Independence Day weekend. We had five adults and a five year old and never felt cramped. The sofa bed was horrible, but I didn't expect anything more so we packed an air mattress to use instead. We still had plenty of room.
The room was clean when we arrived, and housekeeping hung a bag of fresh towels and toiletries on the door when we did not want the room cleaned. I've never stayed at a hotel that's done that so it was a wonderful surprise.
The outdoor pool was great. The bar and wait staff were attentive and friendly. The breakfast was so-so, but snacks and lunch ordered poolside were good.
Overall, we had a great trip and will stay here again.

2  Thank Sarah H

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the stayover service from our housekeeping team. It is exciting that you were able to enjoy our outdoor pool and friendly staff. The outdoor pool and pool bar are open daily with happy hour specials as well. Thank you for your comments. I hope you are able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just back from 5 days on a very last minute July 4th wknd trip to Virginia Beach with my husband and 2 teens! I couldnt find a decent place from Maine to VA that had a room available. I checked trip advisor and it seemed that the Courtyard was perfect, but there were no rooms. I called last minute on Monday and there was a cancellation for a suite!! What luck! It was the best thing to happen. First of all the location was perfect. It was just enough away from the hectic pace of being "mid" boardwalk, but still within walking distance to everything. It was so peaceful on the north end of the boardwalk - the beach was less crowded and the pace was so much more relaxing. I cant say enough about the staff - the front desk was so nice and answered all of our questions and had great suggestions for dinner. The fact that there was a Starbucks in the lobby that also served food throughout the day made everyone very happy! The outside pool seemed to be the best on the boardwalk. I saw some reviews saying it was on the street side of the hotel but honestly, when you were by the pool you had no view of the street at all! It was a nice break from the beach and the bar staff was very friendly! The suite was perfect for traveling with teens and both sides of the room had doors to the balcony which was nice. The only thing I would like to see included was the beach rentals. We paid each day for a lounge and an umbrella, which perhaps could have been included given the cost of the room. We brought several of our own chairs in the car with us so that helped. I think though that may have just been a Virginia Beach policy and perhaps not the hotel. Otherwise, I really cant think of anything negative to say at all - we had a great trip and a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront so you really cant go wrong! The suite was a perfect size for a family trav...
1  Thank chele29

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am so glad we were able to accomadate your visit at the last minute. Our location is on the northern end of the boardwalk which tends to be a little milder but still has great restaurants and activities. It is great you were able to take advantage of our 24 hour Starbucks coffee in the lobby as well as our beautiful outdoor pool. Thank you again for your kind feedback. Have a great rest of your summer!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

As a family with three kids, its not always easy to find hotels which can accomodate both the adults and the kids. But the Marriott at 37th Street was great in this respect! The spacious suite had everything one could ask for. The location of the hotel was perfect for a family with kids. Not too close to the late night partying crowd, but close enough to enjoy the full spectrum of restaurants and shops. And the beach, of course. Within walking distance of everything. What made us especially fond of this hotel, though, was the staff. Extremely polite, smiling and service minded front desk people, waiters and other personnel in the reception area. And the friendly and talkative janitors made us all in a great mood. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Astrosphinx

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I truly appreciate your high recommendation. The team is delighted to hear that you were pleased with our smiling faces and service minded attitudes! Thank you again and have a great rest of your summer.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel lived up to all the expectations of a Marriott. The location was perfect with all rooms facing the water we had a great view. Tthe pool was beautiful although the weather was too cold for us to really enjoy it. The front desk help were all very friendly and knowledgable. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great that you enjoyed our oceanfront balconies and our friendly front desk team. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I recently took my 2 year old son on his first trip to the ocean. My in-laws went as well. The hotel was nice. It was clean and well maintained. What made this hotel very good instead of just average was the amazing kindness and general happiness of the staff. Every staff member we encountered had a smile and kind word. I also had to change my reservation 3 times before the trip and they were extremely kind and helpful. They have a nice place to eat in the lobby and an optional buffet breakfast in the mornings. The pool is very nice with even a small slide and nice outdoor bar/food area. It was great to be just footsteps from the beach. There was a mini fridge in the room and a public microwave in the lobby. The only thing that I can say I would change is the daily charge for parking. When you pay $279-289 a night for an average hotel room it should include parking. Parking was only $5.00 a day, but still... One other thing to remember is the military base nearby. The volume of air traffic / noise is a lot (not the hotels fault, but something to remember). My son actually enjoyed the planes, so it worked out. Overall, nice hotel, beach and overall area to stay. Check out breakfast at the Belvedere restaurant next door and Captain George's buffet on rt. 58 (10 min. Drive) -great seafood & chicken, bbq ribs, prime rib, etc.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and it was perfect.
2  Thank Becky L
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our more than friendly staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. The front desk team has seen your comments and is extremely happy. Our outdoor pool is very accommodating to those who seek a nice spot to relax. The location is perfect for the beach front balconies. I too with the noise of the military jets were not so loud sometimes but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about that. Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words. I hope you have a great rest of your summer!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was a great stay in VA beach. Great location and great staff. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. It was very busy but, the staff always went above and beyond to help. Pool and pool bar were nice. Great use of space throughout the hotel. Loved being able to get my mocha in the morning!

Room Tip: Rooms were not big but, the hotel has a great set up and great use of space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are featuring Starbucks coffee 24 hours each day in our Bistro. I am glad that you also enjoyed our pool and pool bar. I hope you are able to stay with us the next time you are in Virginia Beach.