Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was a getaway overnight for my husband and me and we are definitely planning to return. Parking was convenient, the ocean views were amazing, and the room was clean and extremely quiet. Every employee we encountered greeted us with a smile and and an inquiry as to if we needed anything. Polite every time!! Check-in and check-out was easy.

Room Tip: The King room with whirlpool is worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie-10
Alexis L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience at Courtyard North. We really appreciate your comments on how much you enjoyed everything and everyone. I hope you have a great new year and come visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I really liked the set up of this Courtyard. It is a long room and we had 2 beds - I think they may have been Queen beds. What a view from our room. We were on the 11th floor - which I would highly suggest. The balcony was good size. We arrived around midnight and left around 9am the next day, so our stay was very short. I had a very discounted rate, which is why I chose this hotel. I believe the summer time rates are 200+. I do not think I would stay at that rate. My rate for this stay was under $50 a night. But if you got money in your budget, the view is amazing. The evening and morning we were there, it was 40 degrees and rainy, so we did not explore the beach or the board walk. This is a very convenient location in Virginia Beach.

The only down fall was the carpet in the room was very stained. The closet door with a full length mirror was missing. Other wise, the room and beds were in excellent condition.

If I visit Virginia Beach again and the rate was great, I will certainly stay here again.

I do have to add - the staff are great. The appear happy and willing to help.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Alexis L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Virginia Beach truly has some of the most amazing views. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your short visit with us. I apologize that the carpet was not to your liking. I can assure you our carpets are cleaned on a regular schedule. We do appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've stayed here many times in the past on business, and will continue to do so as work brings me to the area a few times a year. Friendly, attentive, and professional staff. The beach view is always a plus, even in the winter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review about our hotel. We really appreciate your wonderful comments. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Cold mid December trip on special offer from Travel Zoo, why not? Excellent off season offer and a great suite on 7th floor with super view. The hotel, being ocean front takes a beating from salty weather but is well maintained with an obviously well trained and disciplined staff. Always greeted with friendly hello when entering front entrance. All employees were polite, friendly and most helpful with any question, etc. which reflects on good management principles. Bistro comp bfast excellent. Take a look at seating as looking a bit tired. Loved standing on balcony to see NAVY fighter jets approach from ocean & fly directly over hotel to land at nearby Oceana Naval Air Base, wow! Recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexis L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service for all of our guests. Please consider us your home away from home next time you come to visit Virginia Beach. I apologize that the seating was not to your liking. Your feedback is valuable to our success. Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I spent several days here and we absolutely loved it. He enjoys playing golf in Virginia Beach and I enjoy sitting in my beautiful, spacious hotel room enjoying looking at the ocean and beach. The room was clean and the service was perfect. Everyone who works at this hotel was helpful and very nice. We ate at the hotel restaurant The Bistro and it was delicious every time. I will definitely return (hopefully soon). A plus is that it is located near many area restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you at our property. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are exceeding your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

THis was such a good courtyard! I am so impressed with this location and the staff. Rooms were very clean and I had such a good view. Not certain why it was made a Courtyard...I think as far as business travel goes. I will definitely return next year!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Alexis L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. We hope we have exceeded your expectations. Our staff strives to create a memorable experience for every guest and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Great ocean views, amazing location! Awesome staff!!! Great service by Sarah brown at the bistro!!! Front desk was very helpful with all questions I had. Rooms were very clean and inviting, and the beds were so comfortable! Had a great time and will definitely be visiting here again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. It is very exciting that you 'Loved the Courtyard.' Each of our rooms have a great ocean view and comfortable beds. Sarah is glad that you enjoyed her customer service at our Bistro. I hope you are able to visit us again soon!