It's not easy to find a place that's big enough for two families for only a long weekend. Using TripAdvisor, we found the Breakers which has a "penthouse" with two bedrooms, two full baths, a tiny kitchette and living space and, best of all, a rooftop deck with lounge chairs that overlooks the beach and is safe for little kids! The kitchen was really only good for making coffee and having cereal (altho there was a microwave and two electric burners). The room is nothing fancy to be sure but clean and comfortable with a TV in each bedroom and the living room. We went with our son and his wife and baby and it was perfect! People at the desk are nice and very accomodating. There's a small outdoor pool and a little restaurant (which we did not try). Parking for one car is included. The hotel is right on the beach which is great! Only criticism was that there's a jacuzzi tub in one bedroom that is very inviting but hadn't been used in a while so there were tiny gnats in the jets which floated out when it turned on. Don't mean to imply that the place had bugs or was dirty but the tub wasn't all that pleasant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers Resort Inn is Family-owned and operated, open year-round, and is directly on the boardwalk at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. We are adjacent to the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier and only 20 minutes from the Norfolk Intl. Airport. Shopping, dining, nightlife and many attractions are conveniently located within walking distance or a short drive by car. All guestrooms and suites have a stunning oceanfront view and provide comfortable accommodations to fit your personal needs. A refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer and safe are in all rooms and Wi-fi is complimentary to guests throughout our hotel. Our efficiency suites feature a bedroom with two queen beds, living room with a pull-down double bed & studio kitchen containing plates and utensils. Couples love our king bedded rooms with in-room Jacuzzi. Breakfast and lunch is served daily at our Boardwalk Cafe for guest convenience. Take a bike ride on one of our complimentary bikes or simply relax by our outdoor heated pool overlooking the beach and boardwalk. Only 20 minutes from the Norfolk International our location is perfect whether it’s for a family vacation, golf package or a romantic getaway. Our staff looks forward to providing you an unforgettable vacation here at the Breakers Resort Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Breakers Resort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- The Breakers Resort Inn Virginia Beach