“Great Vacation after Graduation”

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 15 June 2012

If I could give The Breakers Resort Inn more than 5 stars I would. The hotel and the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I rented the room that had a kitchenette and could fit up to 6 people easily. When they say that 6 people can stay in this room easily that is very accurate. The 3rd bed (2 queen size beds in the bedroom and a hidaway in the living room) is actually a full size bed that folds out from the wall. It was a nice matress and very comfortable. Most places I have stayed a the the 3rd bed is a fold out couch bed (which is not comfortable). This hotel is located on 17th street and is in the heart of everything. They have bicycles that you can check out for free, which is great. The hotel dinner is great for breakfast and lunch. The food is affordable and fast and good!!!!. All the rooms look out on the ocean and you have a fantastic view of the pier, ocean and up and down the boardwalk. They also have free wifi which was nice to be able to check the weather reports, google where places to visit were located (the Lighthouse, the aquarium, the dolphin watching cruises, etc).

We came to VA Beach to celebrate my daughter graduating high school. I would come back again and stay at The Breakers!!!! I have been telling all my friends and family that this is the place to stay.

Good Job Breakers!!!!

Room Tip: The kitchenette is the way to go to save money on eating out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Ginger C
There are newer reviews for The Breakers Resort Inn

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just stayed here for 2 nights and it is a very wonderful hotel! I am pretty sure that it is the only clean, reasonably priced oceanfront hotel with balconies out there! The room was well lit and had 2 comfy queen sized beds and of course the balcony. Even though the room I stayed in was on the first floor, there was still an actual balcony lifted off the ground. Housekeeping was friendly and polite. If I ever come back, I will definitely take advantage of the free bike rentals and I would definitely consider staying in the room with the king bed and jacuzzi! The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. They really seem to be more customer service oriented versus rather just following the rules. They weren't banging on the door when we didn't leave till 11:15 instead of 11:00, they let me go back in and get my shampoo that I had forgotten, and they let us leave our car there for a couple of hours after we checked out. The only complaint I have is that in our room there weren't any black out curtains. The sun was bright in the morning and also I would have preferred the extra privacy since it was on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: Room 104 is not a good place to stay. I am a very light sleeper and this room is right next to the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Taylor S
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My Husband and I just returned from a stay at the Breakers Resort Inn. We LOVED it. The room was clean and absolutely perfect. The Location was so that we parked our car and did not move until it was time to return home. The bikes that the hotel offer were great even if my husband's did break down the fact that the hotel offers this is awesome. The Cafe downstairs was great and my husband said "It was the best crab omlette he ever had"! We will return and I hope it's soon!

5  Thank Teresa P
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was our 2nd time staying at the Breakers, the 1st time was about 8 years ago. I have to admit that I was a little nervous simply because it had been 8 years and I was afraid that things may have gone downhill. BUT to my surprise, they didn't! The staff as usual was extremely friendly and helpful. We got in very late at night on Memorial Day and the one staff member even helped us get our cart of luggage into the building.
I love the fact that they have bikes on site to take out and even though we didn't eat in the on-site restaurant, the food list and prices seemed great.
The cleaning crew seemed very nice as well and they respected us when we had the "do not disturb" sign on our door. The only one thing that I can say is that they didn't seem to clean the bathroom floor very well or at all when they did service the room. But this surely isn't a deal breaker for us!
We are thinking of getting one of the suites on our next trip just to have a little bit of extra room, but either way, we will return to the Breakers for vacation to VA Beach!

4  Thank Laurel C
Reviewed 29 May 2012

we stayed for one night and rented the family suite for 6, the bathrooms were clean, the bed linens were clean as well. the carpet looks like it needs replacing but it was okay. staff was very friendly and accomodating, if i were to come back to virginia beach i would stay there :)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank pot2x
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is a very clean hotel . all the rooms have a balcony on the ocean front with chairs and a table .. Oh and-the view was so very nice of the beach . The shower was very big it was nice not hitting your arms on the wall like some hotel showers. The beach was very clean . this hotel also had a pool on the beach not many in Virginia Beach do. They also had free of charge bikes to ride in the area no time limit on the bikes.They also had a very clean and well lite garage to park, so you did not get the salt on your vehicles.

Room Tip: the hotel was clean we were on the 9th floor. Air condition worked very well. the hotel was very qui...
3  Thank chris b
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

In the heart of the boardwalk with oceanfront rooms with balcony and reasonably priced this has been a wonderful hotel for us! I highly recommend it, sure its nothing super fancy, but your going to be spending most of your time at the beach and out and about. Highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2012