“The Second Visit Didn't Disappoint”

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was our second year in a row staying at The Breakers. This time we extended our stay to 11 nights and upgraded to a king room with a jacuzzi tub. We found the hotel just as good as last year. In fact, this year, the breakfast menu had been added to and the food was much better. If you're there, you should try the crab omelette - it was excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Breakers Resort Inn

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked this room on their breakaway discount and it proved to be a great find. 4 nights oceanfront at less than $100/night. The room was clean and the hotel is located one block up from the pier. Easy walk to all the bands playing on the beach and restaurants. Staff was friendly and we ate at the restaurant for breakfast one morning and it was very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mckittri2006
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel served its purpose for my two children and I. My kids and I had other issues while on vacation but the hotel wasn't one of them. The room we had was a standard room. Two beds, a fringe and a microwave. We had a nice view and we were lucky to get a third floor room. Also the lady at the front desk was very nice to let us check in early at 11:00. I found her to be very friendly and welcoming. The cafe (I only ate there twice for breakfast) served its purpose if you wanted a quick bite. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel is a bit dated and it could have been cleaner as we found a broken spoon under the bed cover on the floor and a tissue and old business card in the dresser, but for the value, location and view, my husband and I would definitely go again. They also have free 1 hour bike rentals.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Dated and dirty, When I complained to the staff at check out. They really got rude. It just wasn't my room,my brother stayed next door the same dirt, Even the coffee shop kitchen was dirty.
I know the hotel is old but there is “There is no excuse for filth and unfriendliness!”
look at the pictures....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RickeyRay
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Breakers is one hotel I would definately go back to. I spent my Anniversary there and had a great time with my wife. Considering it's one of the few mom and pop establishments left in VB the rooms were clean and up to date. There was a jacuzzi in our room that we used everyday, very relaxing...you could see the ocean as you lay in it!
The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. There's a small restaurant on the first floor that serves good bkfast and lunch if you don't want to go out.
The pool is fairly small but beach front, so that was a plus. My favorite amenity was the free bicycle rental, you can use it for up to an hour per rental, more than enough time to get to know the boardwalk...just keep in mind it's on a first come basis and there's about about a dozen bikes.
The only problem I had with the hotel was the elevator wait, there's only one and it's fairly slow, and in the daytime it's shared by the cleaning staff. Otherwise for the price and location, The Breakers was an excellent choice (made by my wife btw) if you're visiting VB!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sos1075
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I stayed here for four nights. The room was very spacious and well maintained. It was a little dated but not tacky. The pool was great, being oceanfront, but the position was a little awkward and received limited sun throughout the day. The cleanliness was satisfactory, except there were many windows both in our room and the hallway that needed some attention. There seemed to be smudges and fingerprints probably on ever window in our room (prior guest probably had smaller children). It was not a major concern, but definitely noticeable. The Breakers was definitely average. Not the best place we've stayed at, but also not the worst. The free bike rentals are a plus, for those who take advantage of them.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family