“Right on the Ocean”

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this very nice place a few days in early April. It is an older property right on the beach. The front desk people were very polite and helpful with our questions. We had reserved a king bed ocean front room, but it was pre season so they up graded us to one of the penthouse rooms. So we had a balcony overlooking the beach plus a roof top terrace, which gave an additional outdoor area for a good view. So we were very pleased at the very nice up graded room. As it was early April the weather it was not quite warm enough to lay on the beach, it was nice enough to walk on the boardwalk and use one of the resorts free bicycles to ride on the beach front bicycle path. We would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Upper floor or even a Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edsel13304

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We definitely enjoyed our stay with one flaw - the cold weather! It would have been 5 star if it were warmer. We stayed in an oceanfront suite on the 7th floor- amazing view but it was so windy so we could not enjoy the balcony. In fact the wind was so strong, it blew the balcony door open and even when we had it shut you could still feel the cold so we had to turn the heat on but it was then warm and toasty. The inn is right on the beach and it close to the touristy street which was fun- overall a great value!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsdavis82206
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Weekend stay for the Shamrock Half Marathon March 2014. Not a new hotel but it looked like the room had been recently updated. Newer refrigerator and microwave. Balcony with wonderful view of the ocean and boardwalk. Window and balcony furniture needed cleaned off (sand from a previous storm) but not a big deal. Friendly staff (I think it is family owned, unlike many of the other hotels on the beach). Excellent value. Excellent location. Will return and stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have a balcony and face the ocean and boardwalk. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rdrombos
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I visited this weekend and thought it was a pretty good hotel for the price. I have stayed at better though. The staff is helpful and nice. They give you plenty for breakfast which is not included. I usually stay in Hampton but like staying right on oceanfront. Good value for the money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank andreaplace49022
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Breakers in February 2014. We had a kitchenette suite,which consisted of two queen beds with oceanfront and boardwalk view, bathroom, and den/kitchen area with a large murphy bed. I examined the kitchen even though I did not use it, as I was thinking about future stays. Everything seemed to be clean and in working order. There was a nice-size table for four, sofa, two tvs, and full size refrigerator, two-burner stove, and microwave. I could imagine a family with kids making great use of this set-up if they could not afford to eat out at every meal. It is not fancy, but it was clean, comfortable, and affordable. There is no indoor pool, but several rooms have jacuzzis in them, which might be a draw for couples. I think a little money spent on the entrance would be money well spent, as the worn-out carpet at the lobby door does not give a good impression. The staff was courteous and helpful. We did not eat at the cafe, but it was open for breakfast and looked inviting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wowgirl3
breakersvb, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We appreciate your kind comments and just wanted to let you know we think you were right. We are currently installing new carpet in the entry foyer and the halls. We also have spruced up the entry foyer and lobby as part of some renovations we have done including new lobby bathrooms, a total makeover of our coffee shop and new lighting and wallpaper in our guest rooms.
Thanks again and we hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have been at this Resort before, now it has been some years ago 2007. Well anyway My husband and I decided to get a room at the resort for Valentine's Day. I must stay when we walked into the room it had an odor to it, we was able to take care of that. Go to use the restroom and the bathroom sink did not drain, there was another couple there with us but had another room and they had and issues with the draining of the tub...My husband went to put soda's in the little refrigerator they had and it was just NASTY there was pieces missing from it and the coffee pot that comes standard with hotel/Resort rooms was NASTY it had brown stuff on the bottom of it like if it was not clean. Overall this Resort??? should be ashamed of how these rooms look and smell. Oh not to mention this was an SUIT not just a regular room. As me and my husband said we will not stay in this Hotel/Resort AGAIN!!! The Staff SMDH just will not stay there anymore!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KishaWest
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in August with my family and my cousins had a blast. The staff is super friendly and always there if you are in need of anything. We stayed in the end suite rooms and they were spacious and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the view of the ocean was beautiful. The location is great and there is so much dinning and shopping on the strip right behind the hotel. The hotel offers bikes to rent for free and you can ride them down the boardwalk (very nice to do early morning or late at night, less crowded). The pool is a little small but why do you need a pool when you have an ocean right there. There is a little restaurant at the hotel which you must try for breakfast one day its delicious. Overall great hotel, great experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family