Capes Hotel
US$195
US$190
Country Inn
US$135
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$258
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$136
US$232
US$215
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$190
US$232
US$221
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$94
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$134
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$167
US$141
  • Pool
All reviewshidden pearlcoffee makerindoor pooltwo room suiteevery staff membersink areaclean hotelsmall fridgeparking passan older hoteldefinitely stay here againview of the oceanlacesbalconyboardwalkelevatorhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Rooms were small but the beachfront balcony made up for it. Nice quite hotel considering all the activities going on outside. Staff was great. Breakfast was good. Reasonably priced. Would definetly stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kdhurs34
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We go to Virginia Beach every Labor Day, and this place is right in the middle of the action and the Boardwalk. Clean and quiet with an awesome, friendly staff. Comfy beds! All rooms have an ocean view. Nice little indoor pool that was also clean and a little bar/restaurant where you can sit on the patio and enjoy a drink or meal with a great view. I have stayed at lots of different places in Virginia Beach over the years and this one was tops. Not for those of you looking for high-end features or a resort/spa experience, but a great family place for those of us on budgets. I really cannot say enough how clean this place was and how great the staff was. I was also impressed with how quiet it was, especially since it is literally in the middle of the Boardwalk. Parking was tight, but we parked our car and never had to use it again; everything you need is within walking distance, and there's always the trolley. There was a microwave, fridge, sink and coffeemaker in every room, but no utensils or coffee. We asked at the front desk and they gave us a packet of coffee the first night, but they also have coffee in the hospitality room each morning. Highly recommend The Capes and look forward to staying with them again.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong; all ocean views.
4  Thank Thestenohead
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I stayed on the 4th floor, my son, daughter-inlaw, and 3 grand kids stayed on the 6th floor. The staff was great and friendly, the rooms clean, the beach awesome. The street performers were every where. This hotel is in the middle of everything. Loved it. This is my sons family 4 year in a row at this hotel. He has come to Virginia Beach 12 years in a row. We love this place. Good value. Great ocean view.

Room Tip: The food is great and well priced. Small but mighty.
2  Thank OhioRich60
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were really surprised. The room was decent size, clean, and the hotel was quiet. Loud partiers are not allowed at this hotel, and it's my understanding the hotel doesn't put up with excessive noise, which is probably why is looked and smelled so clean. There is a reasonably priced restaurant on the patio deck which is really nice and quiet. At our 9 year old son's insistence, we always take a dip in the ocean first thing in the morning, and the restaurant deck provides a really nice and quiet place and atmosphere to stay warm after coming from the chilly water. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and it is obvious they appreciate your business.

The front desk personnel, Joe and others go out of there way to look up coupons for you, give you some of the highlights of Virginia Beach, and it is obvious that they really enjoy their jobs.

Our room had a 12 cup coffee maker, microwave, working and quiet refrigerator, air conditioning that works, but can be a little loud in the dead of night. You have to ask at the front desk for the actual coffee some at the front desk. When I inquired they informed me that most people just bring their own coffee, which sounds about right, because as an avid coffee drinker, I generally travel with my own coffee supplies. For some reason, I forgot to pack my coffee this time around.

This is a small hotel on the boardwalk and pride in ownership shows!!! Parking is a little tight, but they also offer an off site parking that is monitored by lot attendants. We preferred the off site parking (1/2 block away), because it was really easy to get in and out of, and had easy access to the surrounding venues while avoiding all the traffic bottlenecks. The parking lot has an attendant 24 hours per day that actually checks the lot regularly.

We found a little gem and this hotel is centrally located to everything, clean, comfortable and accommodating. Not having to worry about room issues really goes a long way at ensuring a really good vacation experience.....

5  Thank rdduncan
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend getaway after our other hotel had been overbooked, and I must say I am very happy we were switched to this hotel. The hotel itself is small but the rooms are a nice size and every single room has an ocean view which is unbeatable especially for the price! The hotel sits on the main drag and is so easy to get to and with a night club across the street, nightly entertainment, places to eat, and other attractions the location is just perfect! Upon arriving check in was a little complicated but that was due to the card that was being used wouldn't process for some reason and the staff was very helpful and patient with us as we tried to get the bill taken care of. We were on the 6th floor and not one complaint the room was clean, modern, the view was beautiful, and didn't hear anyone around us. The only thing that I would recommend for this hotel is maybe a bigger elavator or a second one? Otherwise our stay was prefect! Even though it rained our whole trip we still had a blast and I personally will be back to this hotel the next time I am in VA beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends