Capes Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)
Atrium Resort(Virginia Beach)
Marjac Suites(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewshidden pearlcoffee makerindoor pooltwo room suiteevery staff membersink areaclean hotelsmall fridgeparking passan older hoteldefinitely stay here againview of the oceanlacesbalconyboardwalkelevatorhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2008

My husband and I love Virginia Beach. We have stayed at several different hotels along the strip and after discovering the 4th of July fireworks were going to be shot off 20th street in front of the Capes Ocean Resort we decided to give it a try. We researched it online and were pleased with their website and the reviews. We called to book reservations and spoke with a very friendly lady. Upon arrival the staff was just as friendly. Our room was great. After looking at the website the room felt like somewhere we had been before. My husband commented to me how the picture looked just like the room which is very rare in looking at most hotel pictures. Our room was on the 7th floor and had an excellent view of the boardwalk and ocean. The bathroom and room were both very clean. The room had a new fridge and micro which helped us to save some money on food costs. One of our favorite things was sitting on the balcony and watching the fireworks right in front of us. What a view. Every staff member we saw was friendly and nice. Our housekeeper came daily and did an excellent job. When I asked her for extra towels and shampoo I received it with no questions asked. We did not use the pool or cafe but they looked nice. The only annoyance we experienced on our trip was the little flies on the oceanfront. They would drive us crazy. We kept our balcony door closed to keep them out of our room but on the balcony they were bad. But, we were at the beach and sitting outside so I guess flies were to be expected. We will definitely stay at the Capes Ocean Resort in September when we return to Virginia Beach for our fall trip.

Thanks Capes for making our vacation great
Susan

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a six night stay at The Capes for our 40th wedding anniversary. The staff were all very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We changed rooms, due to a privacy issue, and the housekeeping staff cleaned the room we were moving to early in the AM and we were all settled into our new room by 10:00 AM ,which made our day.

The hotel is close to everything -- we didn't use our car the whole time we were there, we walked to everything. Loved the restaurant downstairs -- great breakfasts on the Boardwalk.

We definitely will be going back to The Capes in the future -- we love Virginia Beach!

We want to say a special thank you to James, one of the front desk clerks -- he went above and beyond for us and always had a smile on his face and a friendly word.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Spent June 1st thru the 8th at the Capes Hotel, and if this visit was any indication, this will be my first choice for accomodations on all my future trips to Virginia Beach! It is located directly on Atlantic Ave, which we wanted due to it's proximity to the heart of the resort area. Upon arrival, the room was IMMACULATE!! I have stayed in many a more expensive/upscale properties, paid a LOT more, and in many instances found the housekeeping lacking. The rooms looked good, even though the property has been there for some years. The desk clerk, James, was an absolute gem! Nice to have someone greet you with such a pleasant demeanor after 10 hours on the road! He even gave us hints for good eating in the area. Keep up the good work, we'll see you again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Our young family stayed at the Capes during Spring Break this year. The hotel is of a 2 1/2 star quality and is clean and comfortable, right on the beach. We had a double room which gave us 3 double beds in 2 separate rooms plus a living area which was excellent for us. Wireless internet is limited to the pool and lobby area. The indoor pool is quite small. No breakfast included but our room had cooking facilities - and that is where we had our problem. There were absolutely NO plates, cups or cutlery supplies in the room, and when we asked they said they don't supply them. If we had known in advance we would have bought some, but it was annoying not to find out until we got there. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a more moderately priced and appointed place at VB but don't forget to bring the plates!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Stayed at the capes last weekend. First time to Vriginia Beach. I had my family who just moved to Norfolk go to the beach and look at hotels. After much checking by my family and I we found the capes to be the best value for the money. The hotel is not the newest but it is very well maintained and clean. If you want to stay in the brand new Spring Hill expect to pay much more and not even be in the middle of the beach. My opinions:

PROS:
Excellent location
Rooms very clean
Great Value for the money
Wonderful Oceanfront view
All non-smoking
Friendly staff
Refrigerator/Microwave in room
Oceanfront coffee shop with good food
Indoor heated pool

CONS:
Hotel is not brand new

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank bennyjacobson12