My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at The Capes in Virginia Beach. The hotel location is very nice centrally located near everything. The ocean is steps away out the backdoor and tons of beach shops are steps away from the front door. A room with a whirlpool tub is an absolute must. It was so relaxing after a day of walking or playing in the waves to relax in the jets. You can drive a short distance (approx. 10 min.) to most attractions such as the aquarium. Beware when planning trips lots of places like the aquarium close early (5:00 p.m) learned that the hard way lol. The ocean view is perfect, from the balcony you can sit out and watch the numerous jets, helicopters, and boats pass by. We ate many meals right there on the balcony. The front desk staff at The Capes was very welcoming when we arrived and knowledgeable about how to get to different stores in the area when we asked. The parking lot is small and may be tricky to get a parking spot but we did not have a problem the three days we were there we always found a spot in the front parking lot and did not have to go to the overflow lot. The rooms are clean and the maid service is good. The gentleman who was cleaning our room recognized us and knew which room we were in when he saw us at the elevator and asked if we needed our room cleaned or fresh towels. The room is an adequate size, it has a nice counter and sink area by the mini fridge. The bathroom is a little small, but the counter and sink outside the bathroom provided enough room. The view and the whirlpool made us decide that we are coming back to The Capes next year for vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capes has 59 spacious, comfortable, affordable rooms, eight stories, an oceanfront cafe, refreshing indoor pool all to be enjoyed, right here on the ocean. All rooms are non-smoking offering refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The Capes offers accommodations to fit your needs, with our one room unit that includes two full size beds; or our two room unit with three full size beds and 2 tvs offering your family just the right space for a relaxing vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Capes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capes Hotel Virginia Beach
- Capes Virginia Beach
- Capes Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach