“You'll Love It!!”

Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Florissant, MO
“You'll Love It!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2006

I stayed at the Capes Ocean Resort, August 11th through the 15th, 2006. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great location at the center of the beach, and walking distance to everything. My room was clean, comfortable, spacious and had everything that I needed. Even the microwave and refrigerator were spotless. The views of the ocean are awesome. This hotel truly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend it. You'll Love It!! Most importantly, it fit my budget. Thanks to the Capes, even I can afford a beach vacation. Thanks Capes, see you next year!

Alison Lawhorn

• Liked — location/price
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Tips/Secrets — taxi's charge a fortune
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank Ali06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 11 July 2006

Great location, views, and breakfast. The little cafe serves a great breakfast. This is the best hotel I've stayed at in VA Beach. The rooms are very clean, and look new. The balcony is great. Views of the ocean and the boardwalk are awesome. I recommend a room on a high level. We stayed on the 8th floor and were impressed with our view. The staff is VERY customer oriented, they will go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay great. I was very pleased and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks Capes, you've done a great job.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed 19 May 2006

I stayed at the resort with my sisters and son. I didn't read reviews before staying. I loved the fact that my reservations were handled with ease. My only complaint was that the refrigerator was in pretty much bad condition - But it still kept the stuff cold. It's in the perfect location. Our room was on the oceanfront and it was just perfect! The staff was just amazing. I was expecting a bigger pool - but the kids loved it nontheless. The hotel staff were very accomodating and professional. Kudo's to all of you. The next time I stay in Virginia Beach, it'll definitely be there.

• Stayed April 2006
15 Thank Mahoganii
Reviewed 28 January 2006

Thoroughly enjoyed staying at The Capes with my husband and children this past summer! We loved being in the center of all of the activity at the beach. The front desk staff and our housekeeper were very kind. We feel that we had an affordable vacation at a clean hotel in a central location that was lots of fun. I definitely liked the fact that it wasn't one of the impersonal, huge chains and that our business seemed genuinely appreciated. I feel that we have definitely found a great find and look forward to going back with my family next year!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 27 September 2005

My husband and I recently had a three-night stay at The Capes, Virginia Beach and it really exceeded our expectations. This was our first vacation since our honeymoon two years ago and it could not have been more enjoyable.

We got a really good internet deal on the room and were expecting a place where we would just lay our heads and not want to spend any time in but when we arrived, it was so much more. First, we were greeted very nicely by a young man in the lobby who informed us that we would be able to check in very soon, which was wonderful because check in was typically after 3:00 pm. We were checked in by 1:00 pm. Up to the room we went and I was really expecting something dirty, sandy, smelly, a typical cheap beach hotel. Wrong! It was beautiful. Not a speck of sand on the floor, or anything else for that matter, the bed was extremely comfortable and the crisp white bathroom spotless. Pulling that curtain open and seeing the ocean was the best part of every morning. Being able to sit outside on the balcony was great also, especially with that ocean breeze blowing. The hotel's small cafe was also an incredible find, we had 2 of our 3 meals there. We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and would recommed it to anyone.

10 Thank beachbum9625
Reviewed 20 September 2005

I think I found the lady's bug that was crawling on her. My husband woke up and found a roach that was about 2" long running along the floor and went under the door. Also didn't like the housekeeping staff begging for tips.

I think the money they used to renovate the lobby (which was beautiful) should have been used to make repairs in the rooms. There was grout missing between the tiles of the jacuzzi, the toilet was loose and the jacuzzi didn't empty.

I'll be looking elsewhere for next year's trip.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Our room was nice and clean, the view was great, the location is wonderful...BUT, don't expect much for your money..they give you a coffee pot..but NO coffee or filters! nice little kitchen area..but NO utensils. We asked a housekeeper if they offered a complimentary packet of coffee..but she didn't understand English i think. I probably would stay there again, i'll just bring my own coffe/filters and kitchen utensils..you would think for the money they might give you a bit more. Parking is very very tight..we didn't care for that at all..One elevator with no a/c in it. the pool is indoor and very small. By the looks of it...all the hotels had indoor pools. A plus was that the room was very very quiet..you didn't hear any outside noise..no walking above you or out in the halls..the bathrooms are extremely small..very small..i'm not a big person and i had a hard time getting in there. I don't see how a large person would fit in there..I would love for my parents to come with us next year..but no way would my dad fit in the bathroom. Like I said..i liked the location, you are right in the middle of the boardwalk and its fun to sit on the balcony and people watch in the evenings.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member