“Listening To The Ocean And Winding Down” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capes Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Capes Hotel
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Listening To The Ocean And Winding Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

The service of the front desk staff and staff ,my husband and I received at the Capes , was a truly refreshing experience. It was a very pleasant way to start our vacation. The ocean view balcony was one of our favorite places to relax. The room was as clean the day we departed as it was the day we arrived. The shower was one of the best we have ever experienced in a hotel. Our daughter, son in law and 16 year old grandson accompanied us on this visit to The Capes. We received no complaints from our daughter or her husband. When your sixteen year old grandson says to Pappy " This is a really cool hotel" we knew the choice to stay at The Capes was the correct one. We also enjoyed taking breakfast on the restaurant balcony with the ocean as our landscape. My husband really liked the grits. We look forward to staying at The capes Hotel next season.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dennie1948

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

Once again The Capes came through. This was our 8th year for the 6 friends to take a break from spouses and children. Service has always been wonderful and the 2 bedroom suite is perfect to sleep 6 comfortably. This was our first year to have the suite off of the wooden deck and I would recommend that everyone pay the extra for the space. We will be back for year 9. Perfect location to enjoy nightlife on strip without ever moving your vehicle and daytime play on the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank morthy85
Accokeek, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

We love the Capes. My family has been coming here for several years for our family reunion. The hotel is clean, the rooms have a great view and the staff is very professional, as well as friendly and helpful. I only have good things to say about the Capes, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tctravers
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

The Room we had was a King Suite with a whirlpool tub, the rate was awesome compared to everyone else on the strip. It is an older hotel, but I was very pleased with our entire stay. The only exception is I wish their pool was outside. Overall, we were happy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tammievaughan
Whitesville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have stayed at the Capes Resoirts 3 times. Each and everytime we have been pleased. The staff is always friendly and courteous. The location is like no other, right in the heart of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. This will be the only place we will ever stay when vacationing in VA Beach !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank palmatier11
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I booked my room based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. The only negataive thing I agree with is the quality of the towels. The towels are very thin and are in desperate need of replacement. However that wouldn't stop me from booking this hotel again.

The staff was very accommodating. We arrived at VA Beach at 9:40am. I went into the hotel and let them know. They gave me a parking pass for the duration of my stay and asked for my cell phone number and said they would call me as soon as a room was ready. We received a call around 12:30. I was too busy at the beach to leave and go check in so we didn't check in until after 3:30. We didn't want to miss out of the gorgeous beach weather, so decided to stay on the beach until later in the day.

The room is exactly as most reviews have said. I didn't have a problem with the cleanliness. I found it clean and the sheets and bedspread were clean also. The bed was comfortable enough. We didn't have any problems with the TV. The air conditioner was a bit loud. It is the old fashioned kind with each room having an individual unit. I could deal with it.

The rules people have complained about. Well I traveled with just myself and 18 year old daughter. I don't think asking you to prove you are a guest at the hotel after midnight is a bad thing. They have 24 hour staff and why not be cautious. Not a big deal. As for the internet. They don't try and fool you, the website states there is only access in the lobbies. Not a big deal we knew it going in.

I really like the location. Right on 20th street in the middle of the boardwalk. We parked our car and never moved it the three days we were there.

Overall I would go back to this hotel again.

2 Thank momtoo2
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Capes has a great location. Parking is not the greatest but it's onsite. The hotel is very small compared to others. Upon arrival were found out that there are several rules in effect (a whole sheet of rules). Some are No Visitors, Curfew at 12 midnight if out later you must show ID and room key. We had a room that sleeped 6 but we only received 2 keys, and it's a charge if you lose or mess up your key. C'mon people are here on VACATION to be FREE!! I felt like I was in boarding school. The bathroom is very small, no obese person would be comfortable. Most of the tv channels did not come in clear. Also wi-fi was only available in the lobby area. The pool area was extremely small and hot! Several of the guests used the pool as a place to get the sand off their body. Maybe the Capes should make that one of their rules lol. Next time I will spend my money else where! I advise you to do the same!!

2 Thank AJ3859