“Great service, lots of food and well priced!”
Review of Som Bao Cafe - CLOSED

Som Bao Cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Som Bao Cafe is a family business that's run by the seven grown children of Somdee and Bao Phoutasen, who lent their names to the eatery's moniker and their passion for food to the kitchen. On any given day, guests may meet siblings Bo, Fonsi, or Kelly as they drop off plates of coconut-infused curry or steaming pad thai.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Chosen by my daughter for her birthday dinner the two of us had spring rolls, soup and main dish. They were all recommended by our funny, energetic and attentive waitress Ashley. Great food, quiet night and good prices, with lots for leftovers! This is authentic Laotian food and absolutely delicious and fresh from scratch. Clean, pleasant spot and they have televisions for distraction ... If you need one!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Som Bao Cafe is a Laos owned restaurant (THEY ARE NOT THAI!) They specialize in Laos food and make THEIR version of Thai food, as fresh, tasty, as possible. The menu is flexible for anyone of all ages and dietary needs. Let your servers know your food preferences, and they will be more than happy to help you find what suits you best. They go out a 5-star spice level, which can be altered on all the dishes, to all the heat-seekers or hiders our there, you're in luck! They also have a trio of spices that you can add on yourself. Service is fast and friendly, and I love the boba tea there! Definately support the Som Bao Family! I hope for big this for this restaurant, it's kinda small right now, but I'm sure they will expand someday!

1  Thank AudPho
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This was our first time trying food from Laos. Our waitress was wonderful. She made several recommendations and described several dishes for us, comparing and contrasting between Thai dishes that we were more familiar with and their Laotian specialties. Servings were large and prices reasonable. It's our new favorite place!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Went to Som Bao again. I see that they have done another GroupOn to get more people to find out about them - I paid full price.

This time was just as good as the last.

Service can be a little slow - I sat for almost 10 minutes - all of the staff was in the back room - not a big deal on a saturday - I had a book and was in no rush - but as a family-owned restaurant it's all hands on deck.

Really great food - in a nice atmosphere - not over the top "Asian" and not too austere.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We love trying new restaurants and found Som Bao Cafe through Groupon. We went on a Saturday night and although it was busy, our server was attentive and our food was served in a timely manner. The atmosphere was family oriented and comfortable. For drinks, we tried the boba drink in the lychee flavor and it was very good. There were many flavors to choose from such as mango, peach, and passion fruit. I'm sure we will eventually try all of them! Our server was wonderful. We told her it was our first time there and she took the time to show us the popular dishes and her favorites. We started out with eggrolls and it was hot and crispy with a sweet and spicy dip that was unique and delicious. For our entrees, I ordered the Neau Nom Took (Spicy Beef Grilled) and my husband ordered the Pad See Ew with chicken, pork, beef, and shrimp. My meal was fantastic! The beef was perfectly cooked and tender. It came with lettuce cups so I made my own lettuce wraps with all the ingredients. I'm Vietnamese and I could taste the delicious southeastern asian flavor in the sauce. My husband was also very satisfied with his meal. Overall, we had a great experience with the food, service, and atmosphere. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Karbn333