Unit Features: Unit 506 is an oceanfront one bedroom that accommodates up to six. I believe it would be okay for six if it was a family unit with children that could sleep in the bedroom with Mom and Dad. For some privacy, it would be better suited for four. However, with the one bath being open to the bedroom, this makes it difficult for two couples that may want privacy. A simple fix would have been a door separating the bedroom from the sinks and shower. The toilet is separate, which has a door on either side for privacy and access. The unit has a full kitchen and had everything needed. The counter tops, cabinets and flooring are all extremely basic and cheap looking. I was staying in a newly renovated unit. The furnishings and carpeting, as well as wall paper, fixtures and decorative features were nice and attractive. I loved the wrap around sofa that could comfortably accommodate four for seating and there was a nice overstuffed chair. The dining area had three chairs and booth seating for three with a large glass topped table. There would be plenty of room for socializing, playing games and watching TV in the unit for up to six. There was a combination shower/Jacuzzi tub with a sink and vanity area. The bedroom had a queen size bed, two closets, chest of drawers and a couple of night stands. There is a sleep sofa in the bedroom that would accommodate two. There are nice large flat screen TVs in both the living area and bedroom. There was no hair dryer in the unit. A private oceanfront balcony will accommodate up to two with a small table and two chairs. The living area has a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling window with curtains and a shade. Upon sunrise, both the living area and bedroom are full of light. The shades on the windows, even closed, allow light in. The curtains do not go past the shade. WIFI was free in the unit and lobby. It worked well.
Condition of Unit and Property: Both the unit and the property are in beautiful condition and well-maintained. The ocean-side landscaping is very attractive and clean.
Any problems encountered such as check-in problems, room changes, etc.: No problems were encountered during my brief stay (3 nights).
Planned Resort Activities such as welcome parties, barbecues, kid programs, and outings: There were some activities posted. Some activities were at other Gold Key properties at the oceanfront. I did not attend any activities during my stay.
Resort Amenities: The resort has a great fitness room, indoor pool, hot tub and on-site restaurant (Rockfish) with indoor and outdoor dining. Parking is available on-site for one vehicle only. The resort does not offer any additional paid parking. The closest overnight parking garage is a at 9th Street.
Staff Friendliness and Responsiveness: All staff members encountered during my stay were very helpful and friendly.
Convenience to Area Attractions: This resort is centrally located on the boardwalk at 16th Street. It is within walking distance of music stages, fishing pier, restaurants, beach shopping and attractions. There is a small amusement area nearby. The location is great. The Boardwalk is a hub of activity.
Additional fees assessed: There were no additional fees charged. Cleaning, tidying or towel exchange was a separate charge. No charge for laundry use.
Suitability of Resort for couples, families, relaxing, partying, etc.: This would be a great resort for any group. It's proximity allows for many activities for any age group looking for various diversions. It was great for just relaxing, riding my bike, and enjoying the beach. September is a great time of year to be in Virginia Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to ocean sunrise views through your floor-to-ceiling windows, and spend the hours in between enjoying the comforts and conveniences of home at Boardwalk Resort Hotel. Each of the newly renovated studios and 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suites are appointed with a wide range of features, including separate living rooms with sleeper sofas, fully-equipped kitchens and kitchenettes, TVs with cable and DVD players, free Wi-Fi, and large bathrooms. You’ll also enjoy our convenient central-boardwalk location, just steps from the entertainment at 17th Street Stage and Park.Boardwalk Resort Hotel and Villas is located in the heart of the resort district, in the center of Virginia Beach’s famous boardwalk – named one of the “Top Ten Boardwalks in America.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Boardwalk Resort Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Va Beach Boardwalk
- Hotels Boardwalk Virginia Beach
- Boardwalk Virginia Beach