“Was ok but needs updated!”

Barclay Towers Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Was ok but needs updated!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

For a family if was ok. But some things could be more up to date and customer service could be greatly improved.Having a kitchen was nice only 1 tv was up to date the other was from the 80's . I really feel for the extra $60-$100 dollars we should of stayed somewhere else...

Room Tip: The view was nice but workers never showed up with towels and management could not be found.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate hearing what we are doing well, and also where we need improvement. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The number one goal of our hotel is to provide courteous and dependable service, with comfortable and clean accommodations. All at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing that you were not completely satisfied. Please accept my apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Lake Ridge, Va
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having two separate rooms at the same price as a regular hotel was great. The ocean front view was great, and being able to cook a few meals made the trip more affordable. The staff is great and they know the area very well. The maids, and hotel engineers were also friendly to speak with. The only negatives we had were the breakfast. Everyday cold hard boiled eggs, so we just cooked our own breakfast.

Room Tip: I've been a couple of time and have been on different floors. I really think floor two is the su...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to all our guests. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Vermont
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife, son, sister in law, brother and brothers girlfriend and I stayed here for one night on our way through. We had a requested a top floor away from the elevator and I am glad we did. We had a nice quiet room at the end of the hallway on the 7th floor with a great view of the beach and strip. The room layout was a little awkward in that you had to walk through the bedroom to get to the living area but it was nice that the living area had the view of the ocean. The private balcony was great and the room was nicely appointed. We ate breakfast in the morning which was your standard continental breakfast but fast and clean. This hotel is centrally located and easy access with free parking. If you have to bring two cars clear it with the hotel first because they only wanted to give us one spot. After a small amount of time at the front desk I was able to secure a second spot was everything was good. Virginia beach is a cool place and being on the 7th floor (8th is the top) we had no room noise and the beds were comfortable. If we were visiting virgina beach again we may stay here because for oceanfront the rate we got on orbitz was great. There are a lot of other options to choose from but this was probably going to be just as good as we needed it to be. I am now a big fan of virgina beach. The beach was beautiful and sand was soft.

Room Tip: pick a top floor room away from the elevator for a winner!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. I glad that we were able to fulfill your room request. We appreciate your business! Virginia Beach is such a great vacation destination. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the Father's Day weekend & my Bday. I decided to come alone just for a mini vacay from the city. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some reviews but I guess every one's experience is different. Having no kids with me I stayed in King Suite & enjoyed having the kitchen, in which I used 1 night. The view from my balcony wentwent along well with sipping coffee in the am to sipping wine in the evening.
Although the rooms are a little dated, there's nothing wrong with nostalgia to me. I enjoyed watching the Volleyball tournament they had each morning.
Overall I had a nice time & plan to bring my girls for the next trip!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tonintae .
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Richfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I met our son, daughter-in-law and baby grand daughter for a long weekend in Va. Beach. The Barclay Towers was the Perfect place for us. The staff was more than helpful, the room spacious enough for 4 and a baby, and the location was the best. The BEST was the view and the great value of an oceanfront hotel in June. We will stay at Barclay again! Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Brownsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

All rooms are great. Our housekeeper "B" was fantastic, My wife loved her. The breakfast needs to be a different variety each day, this is not a business hotel most guest are there for the week. They all overlook the ocean. Do NOT eat at Chix restaurant next the hotel. Poor food and terrible service.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. They all overlook the ocean. Do NOT eat at Chix restaurant next the hotel. P...

2 Thank watson02
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. I've shared your shout out to my housekeeper Bea. She is a great asset to our team! We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Mt Vernon, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location and this was perfect for the price we paid. That being said, I think you get what you pay for. The hotel furniture looked outdated and the door to the balcony in our room had rust (on the inside). Even the tv in the living room area was old school. The breakfast area (inside) looked very average.

So if you don't care much about the quality of the hotel .... and you are just interested in the location, then this hotel is perfect for you. The things that are important to most travelers were ok... that is - the bed was clean, the towels were clean including the bathroom. The kitchen was perfect for preparing minor snacks if you didnt feel like eating out the whole time.

1 Thank Yanga M
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate hearing what we are doing well, and also where we need improvement. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The number one goal of our hotel is to provide courteous and dependable service, with comfortable and clean accommodations. All at reasonable prices.FYI, we recognize the need for upgrading the furniture and television. All is planned and budgeted for this upcoming off season.