“great flamily vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New Martinsville, West Virginia
“great flamily vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The view was perfect. We were on the 2nd floor. Perfect for sunset and sunrise.
The queen size bed very comfortable. room was clean. The living area and the kitchen could use a little upgrade. the only thing that was disappointing was the breakfast that was offered.
Donuts and bagels was about it. The coffee and the juice was perfect.. Don't ever change that

Room Tip: 2nd floor was great. Actually felt like we were right there on the beach. Queen size bed was very...

2 Thank Damien C
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your comments and your business! I hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Barclay TOWERS provides a clean room that is adequately sized for a family with two or three children. It also offers a well furnished full kitchen that's always useful. Just can't beat it. I would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 03Q
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your comments and your business! I hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The resort was beautiful and having an oceanfront room (all oceanfront suites resort) was an added treat. The staff was friendly and very helpful. But, having to share the already crowded elevators with housekeeping carts and housekeeping/maintenance trash barrels and such was not pleasant. Whoever designed this resort forgot to include a service elevator or two. Otherwise, good getaway resort!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Riverside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved this hotel and location but everyone except a few employees seemed to hate their job. I don't want to feel guilty for staying in pool until close , or for asking for a parking pass, or for extra towels. Make your guests feel special! Would return in hopes for new staff next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Bullinger84
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your comments and your business! I apologize of my staff member's grumpiness. I hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Stem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have stayed at Barclay Towers many times, even though they may be a little bit older hotel I have not one complaint for the convenience of the private 2 bedroom accommodations and ALL of the rooms are oceanfront with no sneaky up charges that some hotels charge. Front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff are more than accommodative and prompt for special requests. Also, maintenance guy ( Jack) installed a new door stop within 5 minutes of ours falling off once running into him in the hallway. We love the location because it's at the quieter end of the strip with phenomenal views near a lot restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is a little ho hum after a couple of days- bagels, donuts, cereals etc... BUT if that's what keeps their costs lower and their service excellent then I am willing to do something for myself our fully stocked kitchenette in our room. 5 stars for the money,location and amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor to avoid wait time at elevators at busy times 2nd 3rd floor . And end of hallway...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your thorough review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to our guests. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again when you return to Virginia Beach.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

the hotel was very clean staff very pleasant ....love the kitchenette...equipped with everything we needed.....disappointed the 4th of july fireworks was cancelled due to the hurricane...other than thank we had a great time and will return to this hotel again......smiles

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to our guests. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again when you return to Virginia Beach.
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I spent 4 hours looking for a place on the beach. The Barclay Towers had the best combination of price, good reviews, location and amenities. I wanted a view onto the beach and requested one of the upper floors. They accommodated us and we ended up on the top floor (8th). Part of the plan was to watch the sun come up on the beach. We were able to change this; we sipped coffee on the balcony as a brilliant red sunrise presented itself. It was awesome! The king size bed was very comfortable and separate from the living space with a sofa bed. The sofa bed worked out well for my 11 year old and gave the wife and I privacy, a hard thing to find on vacation. There is a small kitchenette stocked with enough cooking items and dishes to get by. We liked the beach at 8th street. It was not crowded and the sand was nice. I spent 2 1/2 days on the fishing pier at 15th street. The fishing was good. I caught Roundhead, Spots, Croaker and Blues. Having the kitchen was great as we had fresh fish for dinner.
The staff was very nice and helpful. The price was close to half the normal room rate of $300.00 a night. I figure we also saved at least $100.00 on breakfast (they have a nice continental breakfast), and another $150.00 on lunches and dinners. Plus we saved by only using the car once in the 4 days we stayed. OTHER THINGS: My wife loved the bus system. The Side Street Café had great Mexican food. The outside porch needs a new awning, there are many small holes in the top. These could be sealed with almond silicone in a couple of hours. Hint to Manager since I know David C. reads these.

Room Tip: Stay off second floor
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your thorough review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to our guests. Yes, I do read all the TripAdvisor reviews. And, in fact, the awning is being replaced this summer. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again when you return to Virginia Beach.