“We Love Mt Trashmore”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“We Love Mt Trashmore”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you looking for something fun to do with the family free of charge I suggest you go to Mt Trashmore. There's Plenty of play Area's, places to ride bike's, & fly kites! Also for us it nice to work out, a few laps around the little lake which have work out area's every so often helps us with cutting out the cost of a gym and being a new mom its easy to push a stroller around with a nice scenery.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Courtney1021

Ridgefield, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice but a little....trashy.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the hike up the stairs to this park, but we were a little disappointed to see the amount of dry sandy earth showing (what happened to the lovely green grass???). Due to the amount of park employees wondering around, you think they would have fixed that. However, the lake was beautiful, and the little garden that graces the top of Mount Trashmore is stunning. Free and open to everybody.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“kid's dream come true!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The playground at Mount Trashmore is unrivaled - something for every child and their grown ups as well. You must visit!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nancy H
Huntsville, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Go fly a kite”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

In the late 90s, when living in Va Beach, I loved to fly kites atop Mt. Trashmore. The X Games were a blast there, too. A lovely, comfy hangout for fun with family and friends. Wish we had one in AL.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jewel10430620
Virginia Beach, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice for walking or running”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Mount Trashmore is weird - when you think about it. I mean really, it's an old dump they put a bunch of dirt on and turned into a park... hence the name.

Still, at least it was repurposed because it is in the center of a crowded area now off a main road in Virginia Beach. It's been a park as long as I've lived here.

I've come here many times. I used to come with my husband and walk our dog when he was a puppy and it was fun to go out and walk him around the walking/running trail circle around mount trashmore and the water.

I've met friends here for some walks and hanging out.

I've seen many events hosted here over the years but have never attended. Fireworks at 4th of July, carnival during the summer months, skate park events and some runs/walks for charity.

It's a nice addition to the city and offers a clean walking path.

Visited April 2014