“We loved it!”

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Sidney, New York
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our room was on the 4th floor, and we loved it because all rooms are oceanfront. Very clean; refrigerator for snacks and beverages. The staff are all so friendly and their service is excellent! We definitely would stay here again. Parking was a little tight. Housekeeper brought fresh towels on the first day, but then not again the next day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Toothy72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2011

As a frequent traveler to Virginia Beach, this is the first trip taking my 12 year old Nephew and not staying in a private home in Croatan. Needless to say I was determined to make sure we had a comfortable fun place to stay. What a Gem we found thanks to the accurate online reviewers!! The entire staff was amazing and very accommodating to any request we had. I called in advance and just knew this was the place for us after speaking with the manager. The rooms were clean and beautifully retro but freshly updated. The view amazing. My nephew loved the pool and the friends he made with children of other guest families. We rode the bikes, had breakfast everyday in the adorable diner and enjoyed being greeted by name every time we walked in the door from an outing. My Nephew didn't want to leave. And neither did I! We will definitely be back and plan to make The Belvedere a regular vacation spot!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MRB_Traveler
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I did A LOT of research while planning my and my cousin's trip to VA Beach. I finally stumbled upon this WONDERFUL place. We are young travelers (23 and 25) and the Belvedere suited EVERY need we had. Not only were the prices right, the staff was EXTREMELY friendly and was more than willing to help (though we graciously declined.. we're stubborn), the room was gorgeous and very clean (we got a Double Effeciency) and we had a beautiful view. I was pleasantly surprised by how the staff treated us. We weren't afraid to approach to ask about attractions in the area and everyone seemed to genuinely care how our trip was going.
Everyday we were there, we had breakfast at the Coffee Shop and it was a total gem.
Another perk were the free bikes. LOVED THAT!
My cousin and I have agreed that we will be visiting Virginia Beach every year, and the Belvedere Beach Resort is our place to stay.

Room Tip: 1 Car/Room
2 Thank xartisticloverx
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

A group of 8 of my college friends decided to book two hotel rooms and settled on this hotel due to it's claim of being the "#3 hotel in Virginia Beach." I was not part of the planning, but did balk a little when I found out that only one car, per room, could park on the premises. Since I would be arriving later and from a different location than the rest of my party, it was vital that I bring my own car. Just to let you know, I would have had to spend $20 per day for public parking. However, I just kept my mouth shut and let my friends go on with their reservation.
As I was en route to Virginia Beach, I received a phone call from one of my friends who, in a panic, told me that they had been kicked out of the hotel. Basically, I was told that although the hotel policy stated that the person reserving/paying for the room had to be 21 and all others must be either over the age of 18 or a child, which we followed EXACTLY, we were not allowed to stay simply because there was one 18-year-old (the rest were 20 or 21). My friend was very upset over having to find a hotel at the eleventh hour as well as the way the man at the front desk treated her.
I have prompted my friends who witnessed this gross neglect of hospitality and policy to post their own records of this incident. I am just providing an additional "thumbs down" in an attempt to save others from what happened to my friends. I advise that all should research their hotels a little bit more closely than we did...

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
16 Thank vWilson10
belvederebeachresort, Owner at Belvedere Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
I agree with this reviewer that everyone should research carefully before booking a hotel room. It’s also a good idea to be honest about the ages and number of people checking in (including the boys in the car). As most of our guests know, the Belvedere is a family oriented hotel and we protect that reputation very carefully.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The Belvedere Beach Hotel was a delightful surprise for my first trip to Virginia Beach. The charming hotel is newly remodeled, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are peaceful with balconies that overlook the ocean. It is perfect for a fun weekend at the beach with friends or great for families too. The hotel staff is friendly and accomidating which added to the charm of the hotel. There is a quaint dinner attached to the hotel that draws people from all over. The food is delicious and the service is superb! I won't plan a trip to Virginia Beach without it including a stay the Belvedere!!!

7 Thank MNCountryGirl
bryants store, KY
Reviewed 24 June 2011

The personal attention and customer service at this hotel is unheard of in these days of chain resorts. The staff went above and beyond to direct us in great places to eat, fish, and explore!! Exceptional in cleanliness and hospitality!! Will be going back!!

Room Tip: stayed on the top floor with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank renee0077
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Great job on major rennovations. Best coffee shop in town!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple