“Tremendous”

Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Milford, Massachusetts
“Tremendous”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I went there not knowing what to expect since it was our first time there. I have been to many resorts and I have to say that I was quite pleased with our stay there. The satff did a great job of being friendly and were always willing to give their assistance. They made my family feel right at home. They even gave us an extra key for our roomand a parking pass for our daughter who lives in the area. We were pleased with the location which was right on the beach and we could walk to many fine restaurants and other tourist attractions in the area. The pool was great although the only complaint I had is that they did not let the kids stay in the water past 8PM especially since we were there on the off time in November and there wasn't anyone else using the pool. My grandaughter loves the water and had fun. I also did use the exercise room and that was up to date and was fine. My room overlooked the ocean and the bed was very comfortable. I would like to say that we will be back and will recommend this resort to my family and friends to stay

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
We appreciate your sharing your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. Thank you for your positive feedback - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Denver
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The resort has been under constant renovation for at least two years.

This past week, the fire alarm went off twice at 3:30 a m. The first time the desk clerk knew how to alert people that it was a false alarm, while the second time, the clerk didn't know how to work the public address system. This also happened when we were there in the spring.

Late arriving guests are placed next to current guests in the middle of the night instead of alternating rooms or floors.

New clock radios were placed in the rooms, but no one knows how to program them. When the alarm goes off in the middle of the night, the only thing to do is unplug it.

Only one of two resorts on the beach with RCI affiliation.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
I apologize that your vacation was interrupted and appreciate your feedback regarding our new iPod alarm clock/radios. Due to your suggestion, we are adding the instructions to the vacation suite informational guides. I hope you give the Ocean Sands Resort another opportunity in the future.
Clayton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed with my 10 year-old son, and between the indoor swimming pool and the newly remodeled rooms I couldn't decide what was the best part. Well there was the ocean view, that sort of topped it for me.

I have a difficult name to pronounce and the front desk clerk said my name correctly and checked us in quickly. The room was set up for us, the table was set and they had loofas in the bathrooms which was wonderful because we had forgotten ours. I also like that I didn't have to hunt down room service for shampoo because they have shampoo despincers in both bathrooms along with soap.

I was very happy and my son and I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to you and your son visiting again soon.
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Great accommodations on beach, staff very helpful. Kitchen and room setup great!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
We appreciate your taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort.
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I've been an owner at Ocean Sands since 2001. I no longer deal with RCI, cause I wouldn't spend that week of my vacation at any other resort in the world!! The staff is great Becca,shawnna, Jackie, Myrissa ,Rose and the rest, of the staff (please forgive me,I can't remember all of their names), but you couldn't ask for more helpful or pleasent people to deal with, just makes your stay more enjoyable.Michelle C and Bill M.do their very best to make sure that you are comfortable and happy with your visit. ( I missed Michelle's husbands pickled peppers my last visit, she was on vacation in Mexico, a well deserved vacation I might add). Anyway if you're thinking about a vacation in VA beach or anywhere, I would strongly suggest you take a trip to VA Beach and stay at The Oceand Sands Resorts. I know you'll enjoy youself as much as I and my family always do.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your continued business and timeshare ownership with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Clean, very comfortable, attractive room on the ocean. Central location. Staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Highly recommend Ocean Sands.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2010
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with the Ocean Sands Resort and thank you for your recommendation.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The employees were exceptionally friendly. The hotel was very clean. It is centrally located on the strip in Virginia Beach. The only downfall was no balcony in the room. Every other hotel had balconies but this one. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.