“Front desk goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable.”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Front desk goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable.”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I love to stay here when traveling for work because of it's convenient location. I can walk to tons of restaurants and there is a mall across the street, but this visit the front desk went so far above and beyond in customer service. I was supposed to stay from sun-Thursday but due to upcoming weather, I had to make a detour in my trip Tuesday night and check out and check back in on Wednesday. Maria, a super friendly bubbly lady, expressed her concern for my safety in driving in the bad weather but she and the other lady at the desk were so kind as to not charge me a penalty for canceling one night, which was a huge relief during my already stressful trip. When I checked back in on Wednesday Maria blew my mind because not only did she remember me by name, she told me she was worried about me driving this day, and (the best part) she upgraded my room to a whirlpool bath suite. Amazing! This level of customer service is not found often anymore. She made my night and made my final night in virginia beach extra nice!! I really don't mind now that I am not going home until tomorrow. Maria rocks! I highly recommend this hotel for their outstanding customer service and friendly faces and personalities. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed February 2014
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
You are right, Maria is one of many of our superstars here! I'm pleased to hear she took such good care of you on your trip here. Come back and see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The entire staff in this hotel is amazing and one in particular is a front desk clerk named Maria. We are diamond members & have spent a lot of time in different hotels & she is by far the nicest most professional employee that We've ever met. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton as Diamond Members and am very happy to hear Maria treated you so well on your trip here in Virginia Beach. Come back and see us again soon!
Sterling
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Despite the 10" snow storm on Tuesday night, the staff was right on top of the whole situation. Special accommodations were made to make our experience pleasurable in a difficult time. I will return when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael H
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Very clean room staff was great would recommend this hotel to anyone also a lot of restaurants around the hotel ..................................................................................................................................

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We're glad to hear you had an excellent experience with us! We're located right in the heart of Town Center giving our guests access to 20+ restaurants, shops, and more. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our property. Have a great day!
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stopped here while on a road trip south to Florida. The hotel was located in the heart of the "Town Center" as the name implies near lots of shops, restaurants and bars (it was Super Bowl Sunday). Parking was convenient and FREE.
After a very friendly greeting my brother and I checked out the room before we headed out for the evening. The room was BIG, CLEAN and obviously updated recently. The room has a refrigerator and a Keurig for a quick coffee in the morning. I could have used extra sugar packets but then that's my liking. As a HH member I also appreciated the free WIFI.
Breakfast was great at $11.99 (not a bad price for a hotel buffet) and it was a full breakfast including an omelet chef ready and willing to make whatever I wanted.
Justin greeted us as we entered and explained the offer. Justin had only been with the hotel a couple of months but you could tell he was well trained and he was quite attentive. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: as any downtown hotel, the higher the better
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our property! Our great location gives our guests access to 20+ restaurants, shops, theaters, and more. I'm pleased to hear Justin took great care of you on your quick trip here. Come back and visit us!
Chula Vista, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. Everything you want in in proximity including shopping, restaurants, and bars. The hotel staff are courteous and helpful. Parking is across the street at the parking complex but there is plenty of it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. The biggest compliment you have given us is simply returning. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The Staff is very friendly and the rooms are always clean. It is also walking distance to several great restaurants which is super convenient. They typically have fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoon / evening, which makes for a quick treat to sooth any sweet tooth. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling through the area. Great value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the positive feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again!