“Clean, convenient location”

Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chantilly, United States
“Clean, convenient location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very good experience. Room was very clean. Located in the town center, so was able to walk to great restaurants each night for dinner. Hotel breakfast was pretty good, lots of variety to pick from. It was a little noisy, but expected on a Saturday night with people coming in from a night drinking in the town center. The little convenience store by the check in desk was really handy. Very soft bed, too soft for my husband, but ok for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Megan N.,
It is really great to hear that you had a pleasurable stay with us because of the hard work the staff puts into making sure that you are satisfied. Town Center is a great location to stay in because the top restaurants and bars that are within walking distance. Were you made aware of the adjustable comfort setting on each side of the bed. We hope that the next time you stay with us that you and your husband take advantage of that feature to make your nights stay better. Also the Pavilion Pantry is a great stop for those snacks and essentials. I'm glad that the hotel was clean and inviting for your stay and hope to have you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Midlothian, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As with all Hilton Garden Inns this hotel is clean and well managed. The housekeepers, hotel and restaurant staff are all great. It is also in a great location surrounded by restaurants and shopping. I would suggest this as a great and reasonable alternative to staying on the ocean front.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

To David R.,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. With the Hilton Garden Inn, we strive to provide the same guest oriented service as all other locations, but endeavor to surpass your expectations. From maintenance to the front desk, our staff is devoted to accomodating you and providing an excellent experience. We love the Town Center location because of the convenience and variety of shops, restaurants, and services. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to have stay wuith us again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is very centrally located in Virginia Beach. There are many restaurants and shops nearby that are all within walking distance. It's just a short drive to the beach if you're wondering about that as well. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, if you decide to have a beer, skip the bar in the hotel & walk to one of the other places. It's very expensive (I'm talking stadium expensive) for a beer!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sad926
Dear sad926,
Thank you for providing this feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy that we provided you with excellent servivce as well as a location that suited your needs. Being in Town Center, we have an extraordinary array of restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as places for the essentials. Also, the beach is quick and easy 10-15 minute drive. We try to maintain competitive prices as well as provide for our guests. I am pleased to hear this about your stay and hope to have you here again.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights over the Memorial day weekend and enjoyed the stay. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and one staff greeted me by name every time I passed by the front desk. The hotel is located in the heart of Virginal Beach town center and is close to many restaurants and shops. PF Chang, CPK, Cheesecake Factory and many more are just one or two blocks away. It took about 15 minutes to drive to the ocean front. If you want to stay close to the beach, this is not the hotel for you. If you want to enjoy the beach and but at the same stay away from the hustle and bustle of oceanfront hotels (and save some money in the mean time), this hotel would be a great choice. Did not try the breakfast buffet. Instead we had great breakfasts at the Panera across the street.

I do not understand people complain about the parking. I found the parking was convenient. True, you do not park right in front the hotel. But the parking structure is right across a quiet street. The hotel also has a few loading/unloading parking lot you can use if you have lots of luggage.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear nepenthegu,
Thank you so much for this great feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed the many feature this hotel has to offer as well as the location of the hotel. We are very proud to have to have many resources, shops, and restaurants located just within walking distance as well as an excellent staff to make your stay as best as possible. Our complimentary parking is a nice feature as it provides plenty of spaces and access directly across the street. I hope to have you stay with us again soon so we can meet and surpass your expectations.
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came to Virginia Beach for my first time and stayed here. It was awesome! I loved that I could walk to everything! Stephanie at the Front Desk checked me in and was so kind. She gave me great "locals tips" on where to go for dinner, site seeing, etc. Wonderful weekend trip! I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Kathy H.,
I am very pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us on your last stay. This feedback that you provide really makes a difference and goes directly to the people who it pertains to. Our Front Desk staff seeks to make sure that they have the knowledge and service skills to give you a pleasurable stay. I hope to have you stay with again because our hotel provides the convienience and atmosphere you enjoyed.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here during a recent visit to VA Beach. This hotel is located in the Town Center and close to all the action! Within walking distance to all the bars and restaurants located in the Town Center. The hotel was clean, spacious and affordable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
To Missy J.,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided about your most recent stay. Not only is the staff of the hotel paramount to the experience of a stay, but also the abundance of restaurants, bars, and shops available to you. Do you have a favorite restaurant located near th hotel? I'm glad you enjoyed the area and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The beds were terrible and my back has been hurting me non-stop for the past 4 nights and I have been home for 2 nights now! Nothing can undo what those terrible beds did to my back. Next thing was I received the worst possible service imaginable. I went out for the entire day on Saturday, only to come back at 8pm that evening and my room had not been cleaned! I had no fresh towels, no coffee for the morning, and no fresh bed to get in to. I was horrified coming back from a long day and not having a place to relax. I paid good money to have a nice stay, but I will never stay there again. The staff was kind when listening to my complaints and helped me get into another room, but even in that room the mini refrigerator didn't work and the shower had two settings, scolding hot or ice cold. This was the worst stay I have ever had. I usually stay at a Hampton or Hilton because they are usually pretty good, but this was just unacceptable service.

If you plan on staying here, DON'T!!!! Go anywhere else. The parking sucks because it is across the street, so if you need to go grab something it takes at least 10 minutes. The beds were awful (a rock would have been more comfortable). The bathrooms don't have a fan in them, so everything gets hot and sticky. This hotel is located on a very very busy street and the traffic keeps you up all night. It must be located near a fire station or hospital because I heard sirens all throughout the night.

Please, just spend the extra $10-$20 a night and stay somewhere else. Anywhere else would have been better than this place!!!!! Don't let this hotel ruin a nice vacation like it did mine.

Room Tip: The room with queen beds had more space than a room with a king bed. Ask to face away from the main...