We stated at the the Atrium in Virginia Beach for 2 nights. This was a crappy weekend weather wise so we didn't do much except relax. Turns out this was pretty much the perfect place to do it! When we arrived it was 1AM and the clubs were just letting out. There is a night club about a block away from the hotel and a lower end motel across the street (right behind McDonalds). I was starting to stress about the spring breakers and causing all kinds of noise where I would not able to sleep.
Needless to say after parking the car in the parking lot (underneath the hotel) we walked in and the checked in. Very easy and quick. There was one other person in the lobby watching TV (strangely). However none of the kids making their way out of the bar down the street were staying here..(whew)!
The rooms are large and can easily accommodate a family of four (2 in the pull out sofa bed and 2 in the king size bed). There are two flat screen TVs (Living Room/Bed Room). Small kitchenette with dishes and related utensils.
My wife has experience running hotels and the first thing she notices wherever we go is how clean the rooms/property are. This place is exceptional!!!! We could not find ANY issues whatsoever in the cleaning dept. This has property has one of the cleanest interiors we have EVER seen! Kudos to the cleaning staff/staff in general!
The staff that we encountered were very nice and professional.
Overall a very nice property! Now for a few negatives:
The property is NOT on the beach and ZERO ocean views only "city views". The property is also approximately 4 blocks walking distance to the beach. Since we were there on a cold day the walk or drive to the beach was easy...during the summer months this may become an issue!
As other's have already noted the pool is in the lobby and tiny! The hot tube is also in the lobby and although has a descent size the noise from both echo throughout the property since both are indoors.
Now more about the lobby..for those that have rooms where the rooms front doors are in the pool area, you may have to deal with noise from the pool and/or lobby area! Since there was no one there this past weekend it was rarely a problem. But I could see how it could be if not managed by the staff!
Overall a nice place that I would stay at again but not a "resort" by any stretch of the imagination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va