“Great staff, nice amenities, good location!”
Review of Atrium Resort

Atrium Resort
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I coordinated a trip for myself and 18 family members and friends ranging from age 5 - 84 and everyone had a terrific time! First the staff, very friendly and accommodating. There were lots of opportunities for details of my trip to fall through the cracks, but, the staff was on top of every change and request. They even put out a special message on their marquis for my niece, Jade, who turned 18 during our vacation. They also delivered balloons and a special bday card to her...I was very touched by their thoughtfulness. The amenities...everything you need is there or within a block of there. Plus they have planned children's activities and crafts...my nieces made refrigerator magnets and loved every minute of it. The pool location is unusual, it's in the lobby. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being in my skivvies for all the resort guests to see...but, it turned out to be great! I was able to look down and see if any of my group was in the pool without having to actually go to the pool...and with 18 "cats to herd"...believe me, that was very nice. The open design of the resort gave me a lot of comfort in letting the younger members of my group explore and play as I could see them from virtually any location. The location of the Atrium...okay, so, no, you can't see the ocean or the beach from the Atrium, but, the walk to the beach was really easy, even with all of the stuff that needs to go to the beach with a party of 19 people, including an 84 year old! The rooms themselves are very well and smartly appointed. The rooms seem small at first glance, but, the design and use of the space makes them quite comfortable, add in the option for adjoining rooms and the rooms were more than adequate. For a big group like ours, it was nice to have your own space when you needed to collect yourself or take a nap...so, compared to sharing a beach house, this set up really has its advantages. HBO was included with the cable, plus free Wi-Fi. Overall, we really enjoyed our beach vacation and our stay at the Atrium. In fact, a couple of my nieces (pre-teens) said it was our best beach vacation ever and over the past 10 years we've done OBX, Ocean City, MD and The Hamptons, NY...truly high praise from pre-teens! To Michele Colson of VSA, Danielle the Atrium Manager, and all of the Atrium staff...THANK YOU!! We hope we didn't leave too much of a mess and we hope to be back again next year! With warm regards, LaTonya Young-Clayborne and family/friends :)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same...be sure to specify if you want an adjoining room with another member...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LaTonya Y
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for making the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach your vacation destination for your Family Reunion. I am so pleased that you took advantage of our awesome amenities and personally mentioning our outstanding customer service. Our staff takes great pride in creating memories that last a lifetime. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this terrific review. I would like to thank you once again for choosing the VSA Resort and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you are content to be a few blocks off the beach with no balconies or ocean view, this is a solid choice for the price.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is courteous. There is a small, heated pool which my 8 and 4 year old enjoyed on a rainy day. The kitchen included a good sized fridge with a 4 burner stove, a dishwasher (thank you) plus cookware - china - and silverware. Proximity to local attractions was a plus as the boardwalk, main drag, and mini-golf were just down the street.

Towels were at a premium in this facility but I would attribute that to VSA resort management understaffing, as the folks on duty worked hard to meet our needs.

The fitness room was very small and had a total of three cardio machines. Expect to wait a while if using the laundry room. Limited machines created a log jam here. There is no restaurant at the hotel.

The resort, one of three VSA resorts in VA Beach, positions itself as providing a great value for the price and, all in all, they deliver. The staff was definitely superior to the VSA flagship resort in town, The Ocean Keys, which was set up kind of oddly and the front desk staff just exuded a negative attitude. I would stay at the Atrium again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ElectExile
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I would like to Thank you for choosing The Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach for your vacation destination. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as VSA Resorts is always looking for ways to improve our customer service and enhance our amenities. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our towel exchange program, as we put this in place to contribute to our Green Key Award for being eco-friendly. Once again, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We got ther on7/29/13 @ Around 1pm, after a 6 hr ride from Pa, and Check in is at 4pm The Staff went Out of ther way to Get us a room that had been ready and cleaned.. It was so cool to get on the beach before CHECK in after a Long ride ..The Resort was Very clean and the Staff was Friendly.The staff works hard in every way, The pool is Well cared for and clean ( Hi C.J ) That guy deserves a raise..lolo The parking deck and Vip Treatment was The bomb!! ;-) We Will be BACK!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher H
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Atrium Resort, in Virginia Beach, VA. We are excited to hear that our excellent customer service and amenities suited your vacation needs. I would like to thank you for mentioning VSA Resorts’ Staff and for specifically mentioning our maintenance technician CJ for going above and beyond to enhance your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to give us your terrific feedback and we look forward to you spending your next vacation with VSA Resorts.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great location in the center of beach attractions. Rooms were spacious and clean and well accommodated some unexpected guest for an evening. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will defiantly be planning a return visit as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brock B
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for choosing VSA Resorts for all your vacation needs. We take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of The Atrium Resort and continue to welcome travelers from all over to take advantage of our excellent accommodations. I appreciate your taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed during July 2013 and were pleasantly surprised! Upon arrival we were greeted by an incredibly friendly staff that quickly got us to our room. The room and resort were incredibly clean. Staff were mopping the floors nearly each time I passed through. The room was adequate for our needs with a pull out sofa bed, small galley kitchen (equipped with a stovetop, convection microwave, dishwasher and some cookware/dishes), and a bedroom. The rooms do not have outdoor balconies. The facility includes an indoor pool and hottub, indoor bike rack, a schedule of activities, wifi, a complementary popcorn machine and washer/dryer. It is located a few blocks back from the beach, but only about a 2 block walk away. The location is excellent on 21st street as it is in the center of the boardwalk with many restaurants and entertainment within walking distance. Great place - would certainly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate you sharing your positive vacation experience at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. I am glad to hear that our excellent location made it easy for you to take advantage of the resort area entertainment. We are thrilled to hear that our outstanding customer service and friendly & welcoming atmosphere made your vacation incredible. Thank you for choosing The Atrium Resort.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The rooms are very clean, great location staff was excellent super friendly loved this place it was our 15 year anniversary they did a special upgrade and were so pleased! we had a great time and would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for somewhere nice in the Virginia Beach Oceanfront area!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joshua m

We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to all our Virginia Beach travelers.
I would like to thank you for allowing the Atrium and VSA Resorts to help you celebrate your 15 year anniversary vacation get-away. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed at the resort which really seemed to be an oversized hotel. The staff was friendly and they were helpful if a question came up. My complaint is that on day of check out my party and I stripped the room or all bedding and bath towels. We did a double check to make sure all was in order. However on our trip back home a call was received saying that there was damage done to the mattress in the bedroom. There was no was possible this could have been true!! There were 3 adults and 1 teen in the suite. So pictures of the damages were requested and we have never received. Even to this day they have not even been received. An email address was provided and our physical mailing address was in all paperwork. So needless to say the so called $100.00 deposit was kept and an additional $400.00 was charged to the credit card that was used. I feel like if you are claiming damage you should be able to show me what was done with the pictures I ask for!! My family and I will never stay here again and would suggest to anyone else staying to take pictures of your room and everything in it before leaving for your own proof!!! Something I should have done myself.

• Stayed: May 2013
13  Thank Twalker97
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

“I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Although we do have specific protocol for unit damages, the way in which you describe them do not meet my expectations either. It is a rare occurrence that these protocols are enforced and I appreciate your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and communication in unfortunate circumstances.”