I coordinated a trip for myself and 18 family members and friends ranging from age 5 - 84 and everyone had a terrific time! First the staff, very friendly and accommodating. There were lots of opportunities for details of my trip to fall through the cracks, but, the staff was on top of every change and request. They even put out a special message on their marquis for my niece, Jade, who turned 18 during our vacation. They also delivered balloons and a special bday card to her...I was very touched by their thoughtfulness. The amenities...everything you need is there or within a block of there. Plus they have planned children's activities and crafts...my nieces made refrigerator magnets and loved every minute of it. The pool location is unusual, it's in the lobby. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being in my skivvies for all the resort guests to see...but, it turned out to be great! I was able to look down and see if any of my group was in the pool without having to actually go to the pool...and with 18 "cats to herd"...believe me, that was very nice. The open design of the resort gave me a lot of comfort in letting the younger members of my group explore and play as I could see them from virtually any location. The location of the Atrium...okay, so, no, you can't see the ocean or the beach from the Atrium, but, the walk to the beach was really easy, even with all of the stuff that needs to go to the beach with a party of 19 people, including an 84 year old! The rooms themselves are very well and smartly appointed. The rooms seem small at first glance, but, the design and use of the space makes them quite comfortable, add in the option for adjoining rooms and the rooms were more than adequate. For a big group like ours, it was nice to have your own space when you needed to collect yourself or take a nap...so, compared to sharing a beach house, this set up really has its advantages. HBO was included with the cable, plus free Wi-Fi. Overall, we really enjoyed our beach vacation and our stay at the Atrium. In fact, a couple of my nieces (pre-teens) said it was our best beach vacation ever and over the past 10 years we've done OBX, Ocean City, MD and The Hamptons, NY...truly high praise from pre-teens! To Michele Colson of VSA, Danielle the Atrium Manager, and all of the Atrium staff...THANK YOU!! We hope we didn't leave too much of a mess and we hope to be back again next year! With warm regards, LaTonya Young-Clayborne and family/friends :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va