All reviews living room two blocks partial kitchen block walk to the beach ocean sands indoor pool small kitchen beach towels the king size bed hot tub lobby area clean bathroom visited virginia beach fitness room sleeper sofa the staff was friendly and helpful long weekend
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Great place love the pool very comfy the staff super nice great value great location in regards to what I was going for. The room need a little improvement fix cracks. Rooms were ready early it was nice to be able to go the other hotels to go swimming or eat

Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank Janallen00
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for staying at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We appreciate your kind words and on behalf of VSA Resorts, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not complaints whatsoever, and I'm picky with hotel rooms.
1. Clean low pile carpet
2. Spotless sheets
3. Spotless towels
4. No mildew in the tub (corners, etc)
5. Great shower head and water pressure.
6. Great scent in the room.

There is abosolutely nothing to complain about. TOwel/sheet turn in service was great and worked as advertised. Rooms include iron/ironing board and vaccum cleaner. a block and a half from the beach and Atlantic avenue restautants/etc. Check with the front desk for discount Busch Garden tix. Would definitely stay at thisor another VSA property again without a thought.

Room tip: Booked this through ebay by searching for timeshares. GREAT rate... almost $100 less.
2  Thank Larry H

I appreciate you sharing your positive vacation experience at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We are thrilled to hear that our amenities enhanced your family’s vacation. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit with VSA Resorts.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I coordinated a trip for myself and 18 family members and friends ranging from age 5 - 84 and everyone had a terrific time! First the staff, very friendly and accommodating. There were lots of opportunities for details of my trip to fall through the cracks, but, the staff was on top of every change and request. They even put out a special message on their marquis for my niece, Jade, who turned 18 during our vacation. They also delivered balloons and a special bday card to her...I was very touched by their thoughtfulness. The amenities...everything you need is there or within a block of there. Plus they have planned children's activities and crafts...my nieces made refrigerator magnets and loved every minute of it. The pool location is unusual, it's in the lobby. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being in my skivvies for all the resort guests to see...but, it turned out to be great! I was able to look down and see if any of my group was in the pool without having to actually go to the pool...and with 18 "cats to herd"...believe me, that was very nice. The open design of the resort gave me a lot of comfort in letting the younger members of my group explore and play as I could see them from virtually any location. The location of the Atrium...okay, so, no, you can't see the ocean or the beach from the Atrium, but, the walk to the beach was really easy, even with all of the stuff that needs to go to the beach with a party of 19 people, including an 84 year old! The rooms themselves are very well and smartly appointed. The rooms seem small at first glance, but, the design and use of the space makes them quite comfortable, add in the option for adjoining rooms and the rooms were more than adequate. For a big group like ours, it was nice to have your own space when you needed to collect yourself or take a nap...so, compared to sharing a beach house, this set up really has its advantages. HBO was included with the cable, plus free Wi-Fi. Overall, we really enjoyed our beach vacation and our stay at the Atrium. In fact, a couple of my nieces (pre-teens) said it was our best beach vacation ever and over the past 10 years we've done OBX, Ocean City, MD and The Hamptons, NY...truly high praise from pre-teens! To Michele Colson of VSA, Danielle the Atrium Manager, and all of the Atrium staff...THANK YOU!! We hope we didn't leave too much of a mess and we hope to be back again next year! With warm regards, LaTonya Young-Clayborne and family/friends :)

Room tip: All of the rooms are the same...be sure to specify if you want an adjoining room with another member of your party :)
1  Thank LaTonya Y
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for making the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach your vacation destination for your Family Reunion. I am so pleased that you took advantage of our awesome amenities and personally mentioning our outstanding customer service. Our staff takes great pride in creating memories that last a lifetime. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this terrific review. I would like to thank you once again for choosing the VSA Resort and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you are content to be a few blocks off the beach with no balconies or ocean view, this is a solid choice for the price.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is courteous. There is a small, heated pool which my 8 and 4 year old enjoyed on a rainy day. The kitchen included a good sized fridge with a 4 burner stove, a dishwasher (thank you) plus cookware - china - and silverware. Proximity to local attractions was a plus as the boardwalk, main drag, and mini-golf were just down the street.

Towels were at a premium in this facility but I would attribute that to VSA resort management understaffing, as the folks on duty worked hard to meet our needs.

The fitness room was very small and had a total of three cardio machines. Expect to wait a while if using the laundry room. Limited machines created a log jam here. There is no restaurant at the hotel.

The resort, one of three VSA resorts in VA Beach, positions itself as providing a great value for the price and, all in all, they deliver. The staff was definitely superior to the VSA flagship resort in town, The Ocean Keys, which was set up kind of oddly and the front desk staff just exuded a negative attitude. I would stay at the Atrium again if the opportunity presented itself.

1  Thank ElectExile

I would like to Thank you for choosing The Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach for your vacation destination. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as VSA Resorts is always looking for ways to improve our customer service and enhance our amenities. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our towel exchange program, as we put this in place to contribute to our Green Key Award for being eco-friendly. Once again, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We got ther on7/29/13 @ Around 1pm, after a 6 hr ride from Pa, and Check in is at 4pm The Staff went Out of ther way to Get us a room that had been ready and cleaned.. It was so cool to get on the beach before CHECK in after a Long ride ..The Resort was Very clean and the Staff was Friendly.The staff works hard in every way, The pool is Well cared for and clean ( Hi C.J ) That guy deserves a raise..lolo The parking deck and Vip Treatment was The bomb!! ;-) We Will be BACK!!!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher H
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Atrium Resort, in Virginia Beach, VA. We are excited to hear that our excellent customer service and amenities suited your vacation needs. I would like to thank you for mentioning VSA Resorts’ Staff and for specifically mentioning our maintenance technician CJ for going above and beyond to enhance your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to give us your terrific feedback and we look forward to you spending your next vacation with VSA Resorts.