We booked a week thru RCI to visit family in the area. Upon arrival we were given a room on the 9th floor which had a musty smell, and we requested another room without an odor, so they placed us on the 6th floor Room 609. After unloading we left to have dinner with family and visit, then stopped to get some groceries for the week. Upon arrival back at the resort at midnight we found that the elevator was not working (they only have 1) and staff assisted me in carrying the bags up, but my wife who has a handicap sticker to limit walking and avoids stairs due to leg surgery. Atrium is one of the few resorts that there is a ground floor were the lobby and the pool is then starts a first floor, which is actually the second floor-so if you request a room on the first floor, it is on the second floor. After waiting an hour and the elevator still wasn't repaired, I assisted my wife up the stairs. That night her leg hurt so bad that she tried to sleep with it propped up on the couch, but although you can have all the lights out in the unit, the front windows (that are the length of the room from the door to the wall) the bright lights in the hallway come in. I would not recommend these for people who want to sleep in the front room as there is no way to darken the room-we pulled the couch out almost two feet, but the curtains let the light come in thru the bottom. The other issue is there are couches outside some of the rooms and like ours, people seem to camp out there to talk on their cell phone or wait for family. I don't know but it is unusual to have peaple sitting on a couch outside your room when you arrive and continue to talk outside your room when you are in your room. I would prefer the couches be placed in the middle or not there at all, as when we had stayed there years ago when there were no couches outside the rooms. Parking was good, however handicap parking on the other side of the building is unusual when the elevator is not centrally llocated, and even though there were 3 handicapped parking spots near the elevator, they were in use for most of the week with two of them having cars that never looked like they moved, same car, same parking spot. We used thos spots only on Friday and Saturday night. Occassionally I would drop my wife off at the entrance were the ramps are, but there is not a ramp when we parked under the building so she would walk around the wall and use the ramp between the handicap parking spots to enter the door near the elevator. The bed was soft due to the pillow top, but unit was clean. Several times we would turn the cold water on to brush our teeth and would get warm water, if you let it run long enough it would get to cold water. Unit 609 was on 21st street and several nights we were awoken by sirens going by under our window, which limits the ways into the resort being located in between 21st and 22nd streets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va