“Great Stay”

Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My 4day/3 night stay at the Atrium was fairly enjoyable. I had a few problems with my reservation and was told by a representative that there was no more availability when there actually was but the manager of VSA resorts resolved it all before the check-in time of 4pm.

When my bf and I arrived at the Atrium we saw this sign about a $100 deposit. I was never notified of this before checking in. This fee was waived because they screwed up my reservation plus my bank has a security feature that won't allow my card to be swiped by the same business more than once in a 12 hour period. So this is something that they should tell all guests about.

This hotel was a lot quieter than the Ocean Key resort and I like that. The location is great also. Within walking distance to a lot of food and entertainment. We stayed on the 2nd floor which was not renovated but it was clean and spacious.

My only complaint is the lady at the front desk. Shameka. Wow. She was so unprofessional and rude on many occasions. The hotel has rules about what time children under 16 are allowed to get in the pool. Also children under 16 aren't allowed in the hot tub. The rules were blocked by lounge chairs. Shameka stormed to the pool/hot tub and rudely asked two children to get out of the pool. It's a nice way to say everything but she acted as if she was talking to her own children. I'm sure she has no idea what professionalism is.

My stay was a referral stay to do a timeshare tour (So our stay was only $50). Before going to the meeting/tour, my bf and I decided that we weren't going to buy. We've heard our share of horror stories. The presentation was awesome and we definitely wanted to purchase a timeshare through VSA resorts. We asked if we could purchase at a later time because it's a big decision to make in 90 minutes. We were told that this was our only chance to purchase and we'd have to wait 18 months to be able to attend another presentation. That sounds crazy to me! Why would they refuse money if I want to buy a few weeks or months later? I don't know but I was really interested and it sucks that I wasn't able to purchase.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tataylo2
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Thank you for sharing your mini-vacation experience at the Atrium Resort. I especially appreciate your candid review regarding our Front Desk Agent whose customer service delivery to you and your family did not meet our expectations in any way and I apologize for the manner in which she chose to enforce our adult swim hours in the resort pool. My apologies also in regards to your timeshare presentation with VSA Resorts. We certainly have packages that are available for purchase at any time. When our customers enjoy of one of our vacation packages through a special referral mini-vacation program, we offer a special incentive to join the VSA family while on the mini-vacation. But, again, we certainly have vacation packages available for your purchase at any time and we would love for you to join the VSA family when the time is right for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
NYC
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have stayed at the Atrium twice and I have enjoyed both times. I read the reviews saying how run down the place is but they have recently renovated the place and it is quite nice. New flat screen TVs, new furniture, etc. The first year I stayed there it was not renovated but I still enjoyed my stay. (They had cute glass top tables with sand and seashells underneath the glass. I wish they would have kept those, as they have plain wooden tables now). Two blocks from the beach, free use of washer and dryers on 3rd and 5th floors. (I love being able to wash my clothes before I leave, instead of taking home dirty clothes.) If you want a clean, comfortable, nice roomy one bedroom, living room, 2 TVs, large bathroon, and mini kitchen (with all the appliances included for your use) stay at the Atrium, you can't beat the value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
We appreciate your taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Atrium Resort. We hope to see you again soon.
Chatham
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Great location. Customer Service is exceptional at all three VSA Resorts.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
Thank you for sharing your positive comments for the Ocean Sands Resort, Ocean Key Resort and the Atrium Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
albany, ny
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Just recently, July 19th my family and I stayed at this resort. My family and I had an awesome time. This place offered all the accessories needed. The kitchenette was nice and clean with all the utensils we needed. The staff provided a friendly environment. We had an issue with our air condition and they were more than accomodating to arrange another room. The resort offered a pool/hot tub for the rainy days and this resort is truly walking distance from the beach. They had a laundry facility on site for all the un-wanted sand and they also provided some arts/crafts for my younger ones to participate in.

If I might add -- The only thing that I was not thrilled with was that after I paid in full online to "Expedia" I also had to give a $100 deposit before checking. I was re-assured that this was just a "hold" however no one told me this prior to checking in and I called several times to confirm my stay since it was my first time. If I might make suggestion -- Please tell your customers about the deposit before arrival- Great, that we were traveling with major credit cards and the deposit money did not affect our budget however, it would have been very disappointing to cut our entertainment for a room that was already paid for.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
Thank you for your comments and review regarding your vacation at the Atrium Resort. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the deposit requirements and will send a reminder notification to our friends at Expedia to ensure that all of our guests are notified prior to confirming their vacation with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I must say that this resort is very cozy. My problem was bad timing; it happened to be the weekend of a cheeleaders competition...there were impromptu practices in the hallways outside of my room. Kids running, banging into my door and the walls. No one had control of these kids. You can hear the entire conversation of the folks next door. Too top it all off, these guys checked into the room next to me and got into a fight!!! The cursing and banging was unbelieveable!!!! Doors slamming all hours of the day and night! The purpose of my trip was for relaxation, needless to say, that did not happen! Nice place, bad timing!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
south carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We arrived last week tired from the drive we ask if we could check in early. At any hotel you have a 50/50 chance to check in early but at the Atrium Resort less than 5 minutes later the front desk with a smile said of course you can. The family and I stayed here years ago and man what an improvement. We were told the rooms was renovated two years ago but they looked brand new. When entering the rooms we were hit with a pleasant oder and soft music ( from the alarm clock/ cd player in the bed room. The rooms has a full kitchen with large refrigerators. The living rooms and bedrooms has flat screne tv"s. All new furniture. We had one maintenance issue but it was corrected right a way. The pool is in the lobby area did not like that for me and the wife but for the kids it was great. The staff is all smiles and seems to be very happy. The resort being time share don't clean your room everyday but when we ask for extra towel we were promply greated by hotel staff that pleasantly took our dirty towels and returned with fresh ones. The resort is off the beaten path but for a family this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Va. Beach, VA.
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Rooms were great, service friendly, helpful, beds wonderful. I love the Flat screen T.V.'s (2). I love being able to eat in when I am out doing a show. Kitchen has everything you need. Clean, Clean, Clean!!!!! Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business