My 4day/3 night stay at the Atrium was fairly enjoyable. I had a few problems with my reservation and was told by a representative that there was no more availability when there actually was but the manager of VSA resorts resolved it all before the check-in time of 4pm.
When my bf and I arrived at the Atrium we saw this sign about a $100 deposit. I was never notified of this before checking in. This fee was waived because they screwed up my reservation plus my bank has a security feature that won't allow my card to be swiped by the same business more than once in a 12 hour period. So this is something that they should tell all guests about.
This hotel was a lot quieter than the Ocean Key resort and I like that. The location is great also. Within walking distance to a lot of food and entertainment. We stayed on the 2nd floor which was not renovated but it was clean and spacious.
My only complaint is the lady at the front desk. Shameka. Wow. She was so unprofessional and rude on many occasions. The hotel has rules about what time children under 16 are allowed to get in the pool. Also children under 16 aren't allowed in the hot tub. The rules were blocked by lounge chairs. Shameka stormed to the pool/hot tub and rudely asked two children to get out of the pool. It's a nice way to say everything but she acted as if she was talking to her own children. I'm sure she has no idea what professionalism is.
My stay was a referral stay to do a timeshare tour (So our stay was only $50). Before going to the meeting/tour, my bf and I decided that we weren't going to buy. We've heard our share of horror stories. The presentation was awesome and we definitely wanted to purchase a timeshare through VSA resorts. We asked if we could purchase at a later time because it's a big decision to make in 90 minutes. We were told that this was our only chance to purchase and we'd have to wait 18 months to be able to attend another presentation. That sounds crazy to me! Why would they refuse money if I want to buy a few weeks or months later? I don't know but I was really interested and it sucks that I wasn't able to purchase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va