All reviewsocean beach clubadult poolfire pitsun deckfull kitchenfront deskocean view suitebeautiful resortbuilding next doorgold keysister hoteldaily housekeepingself parkingbedroom unitvalet servicetimeshare exchangehot tub
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The stay was great from unloading to loading back up to leave. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. Very clean. The oceanfront balcony view was great. Everything was just "GREAT!" It was my first time at Virginia Beach, but I will be returning next year and staying at Oceanaire.

Room Tip: Get an Oceanfront room, it is woth the extra $$.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason59214
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed in Oceanaire resort for five nights, 7-23-2012 through 7-28-2012. It is a very nice resort. It is a new resort, and the rooms are new, clean and modern. I was excepting that since the resort opened the doors few months ago. I was very impressed with the staff . It was very friendly and helpful. I had to call the reservation because I have a question and the girl that I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. I was little bit skeptical about the resort and price that I was paying , but after talking with her my skepticism went away.
The resort is right on the boardwalk and it is walking distance to restaurants and shops. Try Sophias cross the street or the Mayflower café on the 34th the street. I just want to mention that the resort has free WI-FI only in the lobby, but we used the data phone . I will stay in this resort any time that I will visit Virginia Beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Oceanaire the week of July 16th. We enjoyed our stay so much that we will book our next vacation in VA Beach there as well! The staff was pleasant, the rooms are well equipped and tastefully decorated. The location is perfect and the amenities numerous. Bravo Oceanaire!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy T
Reviewed 3 August 2012

First of all I would like to say I do not know why anyone would write one single bad review because this is the best place I have ever stayed. Iv never wrote a review before but I could not wait to write this one!! First of all the location is great lots air food and shopping within walking distance. The bellboys were all outstanding especially Ken. I feel really bad that I do not remember the rest of there names because they are all just wonderful. The two lady's that came to clean are room were just darling so friendly and did a wonderful job of cleaning the room. This is also the cleanest resort I have ever seen they are always cleaning, cleaning the windows, pools, and rooms!! Everyone was so friendly throughout the whole resort. The tiki bar outside had great food. I have only a few complaints but everything else certainly made up for it. The parking costs $7 a day for self parking and $14 for valet. It is about a two minute walk to the parking garage which was not bad at all and parking is hard to find during the day because everyone going to the beach and discovery center are also parking in there. We did also find a spot to park though everyday and every time we left. The pool area was beautiful. The kids have two pools to swim in both nice sizes one indoor one out. Both big. The 21 and over adult pool indoors was the best pool I have ever seen and so relaxing. The outside pool for everyone could have a been alittle bit bigger with more chairs but I guess it was made as big as it could be considering the location. Also we hade to make sure to pull our door tight to the room because it did not close by itself. No biggie. We always had shampoo from the hotel. Always had a clean room and towels. Another thing to keep in mind is they do not offer a breakfast but there is a great breakfast place called pocohantas across the street! The washing machines are on the even number floor one washer one dryer which was not a problem for me because no one else was using them :) I had a wonderful stay I did not want to leave! Cannot wait to go back next year!! Everything and everyone was so wonderful!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Missy0112
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Aire June 25th-30th 2012. The hotel itself is beautiful. The valet staff were very friendly and helpful. It kind of ends there. I booked the room as part of the grand opening special buy 4 nights get one free. I inadvertently booked 4 nights rather than 5. After checking in I realized my mistake and went to the front desk where I was greated by a rather rude employee. She told me to contact reserverations by phone and they told me no problem he'd add the free night. Once he realized I had already check in he told me he couldn't change the reservation but assured me it wasn't a problem and instructed me to contact a manager who could add the free night. Management refused to add the free night and I had to pay for the additional night. The house keeping staff clearly needs training. We used their shampoo the first night and they never replaced it throughout our stay. They had beach towels in the rooms which we left on the floor with the regular used towels and although we got clean bath towels we never got any clean beach towels, we had the same 4 dirty beach towels all week. They never replaced the toilet paper and our last morning there we ran out and couldn't use the restroom before we left for our drive home. Our room door did not close on it's own, it had to be physically pushed shut, which we were aware of and careful about, but each day the housekeeping staff left the door ajar so when we returned to our room it wasn't locked. I notified the manager since this is a safety issue but the issue was never resolved. The week we were there one of the two elevators was constantly out of order, so we had to wait for an elevator pretty consistantly. After we returned home I got a nice form letter e-mail from from reservations Ocean Aire stating they hoped we enjoyed our stay but if we had any issues to please reply to them, which I did but then never heard back from them. A few days later I got another computer generated letter from Bruce Thompson President, Professional Hospitality Resources, Inc asking me to complete a survey, which I did and I still never got any response. I contacted Gold Key resorts and spoke to a very nice young man who assured me that they were interested in my feedback and he was concerned about my complaints and assured me he would let his supervisor know and that he was sure the supervisor would call me, which never happened. So although this hotel/time share has great potential I suggest people go elsewhere until Management gets it together and learns how to respond to consumers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple