All reviews ocean beach club adult pool fire pit sun deck full kitchen front desk ocean view suite beautiful resort building next door gold key sister hotel daily housekeeping self parking bedroom unit valet service timeshare exchange hot tub
Reviewed 6 August 2012

online, we booked & were charged for an ocean front room, facing ocean, ($449/night) but recieved an ocean view room, of lesser quality not facing the ocean (399/night). Management was rude but after proving to them their "bait & switch" tactic from their unethical online booking system, Jeff (manager) told us the reason was because of " an I.T. glitch." We heard another couple complaining of the exact same thing. That's not an I.T. computer glitch, that is out right dishonesty. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB & VA Attorney Generals office to investigate the manager & owners of the Oceanaire for fraud.

• Stayed: August 2012
11  Thank asphalt-paver
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Ill start from the time we arrived pulled in to register the guys out side unloaded our car while I went in and registered . The room wasn't ready quite yet It was only 1pm so the bellboy took our things and stored them while we went and parked the car which is $7 to park yourself or 14 for valet parking it is about a 2 or 3 min walk from parking to Hotel and a bit annoying at times to have to find a place to park because it is also parking for other things also public parking also. They let us enjoy the pools as we waited for our room checkin was a breeze and the girl at check in was very nice and helpful. They gave us a call in about an hour or so to let us know our room was ready. We went up to our room it was perfect and the bellboy brought us our things right to our room which was very very nice it was my daughter and I. We had a standard room with 2 queen beds and a nice size kitchenette and a very nice sized bathroom. The beds were very comfy and clean the whole place was just very clean. We saw dolphins every morning from our 7th floor balcony. The cleaning ladies that came the next day were wonderful we did not have cleaning everyday because it was just my daughter we just had garbage removed and clean towels but when we did get service it was wonderful. We had clean towels everyday,toilet paper everything was plenty for us. Coffee maker,microwave,fridge,toaster,4 of each cups and plates,silverware,hair dryer,iron and board. The pool is shared by the sister Hotel ocean beach club,at times it was hard to get a chair but we always got 2. The pool is a Z shaped and is on the smaller side. you get your beach towels outside by the pool and have to exchange them out there for new ones whenever you want clean ones which we did everyday when we went to the beach we gave them our wet ones and got new ones the next time we went to the pool.The indoor adult was just a pleasure to be in very relaxing with a nice big hot tub also. It was quiet at night I didnt hear anything slept like a baby. Everone was very nice and always happy,specially the guys outside Ken was just wonderful they all were. I will stay here every year in hopes they keep up the good work and friendly happy faces. It was very clean they were always cleaning and NO BUGS I did not see any bugs and it was clean which is a main concern of mine and Im sure yours also.One complaint for the money you pay wi-fy should be free but it is $4.95 per day

Room Tip: Our ocean view room was just wonderful on the 7th floor
4  Thank sheltie44
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the Oceanaire Aug 1st - 4th while in town visiting family.

Let me begin by saying upon check-in I requested a room away from any construction as there was some visible activity outside the hotel. I was completely unaware that the interior of the hotel was not complete. And never did I imagine that I would be rousted out of bed by the drilling overhead as the rooms above us were under construction. That information would have been appreciated as well as a room on a lower floor away from the noise. We were in an oceanview guestroom and it was tight for three adults. Two full size beds, NOT queens. The room did have a wet bar area, microwave, small fridge, coffee maker & toaster which was nice, but relatively unused during our stay. Housekeeping came twice in the three nights we were there only making the beds, taking away wet towels and leaving clean towels stacked on the edge of the bathroom sink. Trash was not collected nor was our bathroom cleaned properly during our stay.
Even though there are four pools, 2 indoor 2 outdoor all pool areas were small and crowded. The only pool that was not crowded was the adult only indoor pool, however, all the chairs were in the shade. If you wanted sun you could not enjoy this area at all. The chairs at the outdoor pool area fill up fast and even though the staff ensured me that there is no saving of chairs and that items would be removed within 30 minutes of inactivity I saw no evidence of this. In fact I witnessed one guy sitting alone in the middle of a row of 6 chairs and nothing was done to make those empty chairs available to others who might want to use them. As long as one person stays behind to occupy one chair the bunch would remain saved for the rest of the party who was absent for well over two hours that I witnessed on just that one occasion.

A chair and umbrella setup on the beach was $12 per lounger $15 per umbrella.
We chose to valet the car for the duration as parking was a block away. $14 a day
WIFI was spotty at best and was $5 day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chet7259
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The stay was great from unloading to loading back up to leave. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. Very clean. The oceanfront balcony view was great. Everything was just "GREAT!" It was my first time at Virginia Beach, but I will be returning next year and staying at Oceanaire.

Room Tip: Get an Oceanfront room, it is woth the extra $$.
2  Thank Jason59214
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed in Oceanaire resort for five nights, 7-23-2012 through 7-28-2012. It is a very nice resort. It is a new resort, and the rooms are new, clean and modern. I was excepting that since the resort opened the doors few months ago. I was very impressed with the staff . It was very friendly and helpful. I had to call the reservation because I have a question and the girl that I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. I was little bit skeptical about the resort and price that I was paying , but after talking with her my skepticism went away.
The resort is right on the boardwalk and it is walking distance to restaurants and shops. Try Sophias cross the street or the Mayflower café on the 34th the street. I just want to mention that the resort has free WI-FI only in the lobby, but we used the data phone . I will stay in this resort any time that I will visit Virginia Beach.