Oceanaire Resort Hotel
US$196
US$192
Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
ComfortInn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$258
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$136
US$240
US$194
US$232
US$206
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$94
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$167
US$145
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
All reviewsocean beach clubadult poolfire pitsun deckfull kitchenfront deskocean view suitebeautiful resortbuilding next doorsister hotelgold keynorth sidedaily housekeepingself parkingvalet servicefloor to ceiling windowstimeshare exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Beware! Our room was not even ready for check in when we were approached to do a timeshare trip! We had just driven 7 hours and arrived at the hotel at 3pm. They tried to sign us up for a 4pm timeshare meeting.!!!!!
Doormen were excellent, full of information and always ready to help. Valet Parking is $14.00/night which I think is costly. Front desk not so cheery. We did not get maid service the second day, they said they were too busy. I chalk this up to a new place trying to get the bugs out. Our room was comfortable but space was very limited. We had an "oceanview" room. We did have a great view and a balcony to sit out on. Pools are crowded with the usual "lounge chair saving". People actually get up at 7 am to put a towel on the chairs! The chairs for the beach are not provided by the hotel-you must rent them and they collect the rentals at 5pm. We called ahead and a helpful person warned us-so we had our own beach chairs.
Overall there was nothing special about this place. I believe you will find the same at just about any hotel on the strip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marsiak
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I chose this hotel because it was the newest beachfront property and had the 1 bedroom w/full kitchen suite option. I believe it is only 3 or 4 months old but is connected to it's sister property, Ocean Beach club, which is a few years old. In terms of surface appearance, it's obviously new and pretty clean, however, we experienced a musty, damp odor from our bathroom for the entire 4 days. We bought air freshners and sprayed, opened the patio door, but nothing helped. We mentioned it to the front desk, but they didn't do anything and we didn't make a big deal out of it, but it certainly was a disappointment considering it's supposed to be a new hotel.

I'll say that staff was pretty good inside the hotel--housekeeping, concierge, bellmen, etc. They were mostly friendly and pretty quick to deliver whatever we asked for. I found the outdoor pool and restaurant staff to be a little dimissive.

We did attend a timeshare presentation just out of curiousity, and they offered some decent incentives to sit for the 90 minute slot. The sales agent was fast and low pressure as promised, so comparted to Orlando and that whole timeshare scene, it was quite refreshing. Needless to say, we had no interest in buying.

I am a very picky hotel guest and am phobic when it comes to cleanliness and germs. This was new, so it alleviated some of my worries, but I have definitely stayed in better hotels/units. It's no 5 star hotel, but for Virginia Beach beachfront, it'll do.

I would probably stay again if I had to, but I believe I will try the Hilton down the block the next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank endicott1
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The valet parking is great since there are limited parking but very costly. I was told $7.00 when we checked in and to my dismay, i found out they charged me $14.00 when I checked out.The pool is always crowded and the food is very costly . They also will try to get you to buy timeshare so beware and be wise before you commit yourself.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Oreochip
Reviewed 6 August 2012

online, we booked & were charged for an ocean front room, facing ocean, ($449/night) but recieved an ocean view room, of lesser quality not facing the ocean (399/night). Management was rude but after proving to them their "bait & switch" tactic from their unethical online booking system, Jeff (manager) told us the reason was because of " an I.T. glitch." We heard another couple complaining of the exact same thing. That's not an I.T. computer glitch, that is out right dishonesty. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB & VA Attorney Generals office to investigate the manager & owners of the Oceanaire for fraud.

• Stayed: August 2012
11  Thank asphalt-paver
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Ill start from the time we arrived pulled in to register the guys out side unloaded our car while I went in and registered . The room wasn't ready quite yet It was only 1pm so the bellboy took our things and stored them while we went and parked the car which is $7 to park yourself or 14 for valet parking it is about a 2 or 3 min walk from parking to Hotel and a bit annoying at times to have to find a place to park because it is also parking for other things also public parking also. They let us enjoy the pools as we waited for our room checkin was a breeze and the girl at check in was very nice and helpful. They gave us a call in about an hour or so to let us know our room was ready. We went up to our room it was perfect and the bellboy brought us our things right to our room which was very very nice it was my daughter and I. We had a standard room with 2 queen beds and a nice size kitchenette and a very nice sized bathroom. The beds were very comfy and clean the whole place was just very clean. We saw dolphins every morning from our 7th floor balcony. The cleaning ladies that came the next day were wonderful we did not have cleaning everyday because it was just my daughter we just had garbage removed and clean towels but when we did get service it was wonderful. We had clean towels everyday,toilet paper everything was plenty for us. Coffee maker,microwave,fridge,toaster,4 of each cups and plates,silverware,hair dryer,iron and board. The pool is shared by the sister Hotel ocean beach club,at times it was hard to get a chair but we always got 2. The pool is a Z shaped and is on the smaller side. you get your beach towels outside by the pool and have to exchange them out there for new ones whenever you want clean ones which we did everyday when we went to the beach we gave them our wet ones and got new ones the next time we went to the pool.The indoor adult was just a pleasure to be in very relaxing with a nice big hot tub also. It was quiet at night I didnt hear anything slept like a baby. Everone was very nice and always happy,specially the guys outside Ken was just wonderful they all were. I will stay here every year in hopes they keep up the good work and friendly happy faces. It was very clean they were always cleaning and NO BUGS I did not see any bugs and it was clean which is a main concern of mine and Im sure yours also.One complaint for the money you pay wi-fy should be free but it is $4.95 per day

Room Tip: Our ocean view room was just wonderful on the 7th floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family