All reviewsocean beach clubadult poolfire pitsun deckfull kitchenfront deskocean view suitebeautiful resortbuilding next doorgold keysister hoteldaily housekeepingself parkingbedroom unitvalet servicetimeshare exchangehot tub
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Pros
Friendly service from the staff, room was ready early, room was kept clean, beach area was clean, grounds were kept clean and landscaped
Cons
Parking fee was high and a 2 block walk $7.00 per day walking and $14.00 per day valet, room was supposed to be ocean view, but should be called other building and dumpster view, loud generator would run on occasion outside the building, pools were very small and overcrowded, elevators very slow or not enough of them, room had an odor of glue or adhesive for the first couple days, we were supposed to have a king bed, but ended up being a double, maybe a queen and check out took over an hour, couldn’t get a cart or a hop, we got put on a waiting list. They need to space out the check-out times to eliminate this wait. We started to carry our own bags out when they arrived with a cart.

A lot more cons than pros, so it is impossible to give a good review
Below Average

3  Thank bjplmp
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is a combination timeshare/hotel property. We booked two oceanfront rooms with the special book 5 nights, get 1 free rate for an average rate of $199 per night.

PROS: The hotel is new and the lobby and rooms are really nice. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of shops, restaurants, etc.

CONS: Rooms are a bit cramped. Pool deck is a bit small and not enough lounge chairs. Housekeeping was not great -- rooms were not cleaned in a timely fashion. Guests have to pay $7 per day to park in a lot across the street.

All in all, this is a very nice beachfront hotel and I would definitely return if the price is right.

Room Tip: Request a room on the north side of the building facing the pool deck/ocean.
2  Thank JULES821
Reviewed 19 August 2012

After looking at this hotel online I was excited to stay there. Upon arrival we were greeted by the bellboys which were very friendly and helpful. The front desk and the concierge were also very helpful. Part of the disappointment started with the lack of on site parking. Didn't use the valet service because I trust no one to drive my truck. I walk back the block and a half and get to see our room. Our room looked exactly like the photographs online. Our interactions with the cleaning staff was top notch. Another disappointment with this hotel was the elevator service. I found only have two elevators for a hotel this size was unacceptable. I attempted to use the stairs only to find out there was no ground floor access. They were only to be used in the case of an emergency. Some of the issues I attributed to only
being open a few weeks, but some were too large to be overlooked.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Kmcdaniel77
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I'm a family of four and stayed at Oceanaire this past week. What an experience. I book an oceanview room with two double beds. The rooms are so tiny that my family of four could not get comfortable. My oceanview room was of people standing on their balcony's at the hotel next to us (Ocean beach club). When you look down from your balcony you could see garbage dumpsters and porta pottys (gross). I can't understand how they charge the same rate for the south side of the hotel. IT DOESN'T HAVE A VIEW........ The pools are crowed and good luck finding a lounge chair.

3  Thank rosemary t
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Let me start off by saying it's a very nice property. It is right on the beach, and has a very nice view. But then again, it's only nice if you get that kind of room, because anything not facing the street is considered ocean view (how does that work?). When we got there, we argued with the manager Jason Neff, because we were told by reservations that we were booking a room with two queen beds, but we ended up getting a queen and a double. This wouldn't fit all four of us, but he just kept saying theres nothing he could do, so we let him sit on it for a few hours. We later came back, and decided to bargain with him to get it for half price (which is a FANTASTIC deal). So he wasn't to bad. But the next day we go to the beach, and they tell us the ran out of the hotel chairs, and we have rent them if they want them (while, i may say, stores across the street are selling the same chairs for cheaper). We then went inside to talk to the manager on duty about this, and this time it was "Jay". What a desbicable man. I wouldn't of cared if he just told me ill see what i can do for you and said he couldn't do anything, but he made wait for 45 minutes for him to come out of his office, to argue with me for thirty seconds, tell me he has other stuff to do, and walk away. I plan on writing a letter to corporate praising Jason for helping us, and complaining about Jay. But other than that, the hotel is beautiful and new, the other staff was great, the beach and pools were great (even though there's not much to do for a 16 year old) and VA beach is amazing. Also, the concierge only recommends restaurants owned by the hotel.

So overall, I'd stay away from the Oceanaire, there are much better hotels on Virginia beach .

Room Tip: ocean view does necessarily mean ocean view dont deal with jay
1  Thank jsuss414