“Cant wait to see you again!”

Oceanaire Resort Hotel
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After staying at the Oceanaire for a February adult getaway, We just had to check it out in the summer time... The suite is the way to go! From the awesome bedroom to the jetted tub, to the full kitchen, they think of everything! The full size dishwasher, awesome flat screens, and amazing view...It was awesome! We enjoyed the adult pool, and look forward to exploring the rest of the pools for our 12 year old daughter! I would defiantly recommend this hotel! See you on the 28th of July Oceanaire! Stay tuned!

Room Tip: The suites with the full kitchen are so spacious and well stocked.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy M
There are newer reviews for Oceanaire Resort Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my family and my mom and her girlfriends will there the last week in August and we cannot wait! After scrolling through the reviews, I have to say that the good out weighs the bad and I can hardly wait to go!!

Jason, you helped my mom book her room and she was very impressed and looking forward to it. Lea helped me and she was impressive as well. Looking forward to the stay so that I can come back and post a great review!!! And I will be adding photos:))

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Virginia Beach hotels have usually disappointed me. I have been coming and staying there my entire life (I am in my mid-20's) and have grown accustomed to the issues hotels face when placing their properties on or near the oceanfront. Sand tracks everywhere and keeping a room clean when thousands of people come in the morning and leave at night (meaning they usually take a dip in the hotel pools on the way out) is quite a challenge. Mission accomplished here. Though the room was tight (2 bedroom ocean view) it was exceptionally clean, and everything worked and functioned as it should. The highlight of our stay was the surprisingly large tub and the HDTV/DVD player combo with tons of channels. The Hotel was beautifully decorated from head to toe down to the public restrooms.
We had one issue on our trip. Our deadbolt wouldn't work as the latch wouldn't fit into the door frame plate. We checked in early at 2 PM after a long drive and immediately went to sleep. The cleaning crew thought the room hadn't been cleaned and walked in on us sleeping. We asked repeatedly throughout our 2-night stay for it to be fixed but they only sent an engineer once and he was unable to fix it as his shift was ending (he was very friendly). We kind of spent our stay on edge because of this.
Olivia at the front desk was very polite, as was one of the attendants, Luke. I doubt anyone else will have any deadbolt issues and should therefore definitely enjoy their stay. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Suites, FourSails Resort, and The Hilton among others and was probably most impressed with the Oceanaire. The price of the room was also comparable to that at the other top 2 (Hilton, Ocean Beach Club) and quality was comparable to the MGM grand in Las Vegas. I would definitely stay here again and probably will in a couple weeks time.

Room Tip: There are 3 types of rooms as far as I could figure. One is the Ocean Front which allows you a 180 d...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hector B
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Hector B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the housekeeping team. They have such a tough job and they love to be recognized for the pride they put into these rooms each day. I will also address the issue that you mentioned regarding your deadbolt. Ironically, the design team that created Oceanaire is based out of Las Vegas. MGM is one of their clients. :-) We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 8 days in this hotel. I highly recommend if you want to be pampered. Location was great, staff was great. Will probably visit again this summer
We traveled with three boys under 8 plenty to keep them busy

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ronnie P,

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with your family. As a parent of four children, I certainly understand the need to keep young minds busy during family vacations! I hope that they were able to enjoy the pools, game room and our activities program. I will be sure to pass your positive comments along to our team. We look forward to serving your family again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went to Virginia Beach from May 30 to June 2 and stayed at Oceanaire Resort after visiting last year and staying at the Ocean Beach Club. I was extremely impressed with the valet guys. They went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and extremely accommodating. The front desk person was also very nice and welcoming. Our room was clean and smelled very good unlike or room at the Ocean Beach Club last year that had a "mildew" smell. I requested a higher floor at reservation and sure enough they provided us with an ocean view floor on the 17th floor. It was great. We received a call from the concierge desk the following morning and requested more coffee. We had the coffee delivered to us within minutes. The only reason I didn't give it an "excellent" review was because our server by the pool seemed a little annoyed and "rushed" to get us out of there. After ordering our first round of drinks she brought the bill even though we wanted to order food and more drinks. Other than that our experience at this hotel was very good and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: An "ocean view" room will still give you a great view of the ocean and it's a little c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank travel74Travel74
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear travel74Travel74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for your experience poolside. I will pass your comments along to our F&B Manager for resolution. Thank you for choosing Oceanaire and we hope to see you again during your next visit to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom ocean view suite on the 18th floor.
Pros:
-Beautiful room, floor plan was perfect, lots of room, big kitchen and dining table, master bath was very nice with a big shower and tub, big balcony with lots of seating and a great view, quiet, plenty of towels,
- Location is very good. On boardwalk and beach, next to plenty of restaurants, a few shops (mostly tourist t-shirt shops),
-valet parking was easy to use but $16 a night, self parking is $8 and just across the street.

Cons:
-Staff was just adequate,
-Asked concierge for restaurant suggestions and the only ones she suggested were the restaurants the hotel owned. She didn't seem to know much about the rest. Did give us coupons.
-Had trouble with our tv in our room and they sent up an engineer who said he couldn't fix it,
my son ended up fixing it himself.
-Asked for no maid service one day and got it anyway.
-Very small shampoo and body soaps (no hair conditioner) and no robes.
-Check out at 10:00am, they do not have a place to hold your luggage if your flight leaves later.
-Tiki bar closed early because business was slow. Only other bar is inside and more $$.

Room Tip: two bedroom suite great for families with teenagers
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Midwestgirl67
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Midwestgirl67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to make each stay memorable for all of our guests through providing great service. It looks like we missed the mark with you in a couple of instances. I will pass along your comments to the appropriate managers to review with their teams. That being said, I am glad that you were able to enjoy most of your stay with us. We hope to serve you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Bed was horrible. The mattress was the worst I've seen, both my husband and I and my parents had back pain on both nights we stayed there. Pillows are a joke... I folded them to try to have more support and would still wake up every hour to try to adjust it. Room is ridiculously small, they say 4 people when you book it but there was no room to walk between the beds, the bathroom was very small too, and the so called double beds looked more like enlarged twin beds. My husband and I are skinny and barely fit on it. I called the front desk asking for a bigger room, the concierge girl agreed our room was too small for 4 people but said she would have to charge us $182.50 more a night to switch to a "more comfortable room for 4 adults". Why did they label it as a 4 adults room??? My parents are not young to stay in such a horrible room... Also, the pools were disgusting, at 1pm the pool was green and blurred, and they did nothing to make it useable again. Tortuga tiki bar's menu is stupid, and nothing we tried tasted good. And the shower had a horrible "plane turbine" like noise.... Will never come back and will never recommend this to anyone.... Stay away!!!

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Priscila S

Dear Priscilla S,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I must say that I was a bit shocked to read about your experience. We use the same mattresses that are used at the Hilton, which is our sister property. The room that you booked appears to be our standard room with 2 double beds and a kitchenette. They are some of the largest standard rooms at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. We do offer a one bedroom suite which features a queen bed, a pullout queen, living room with dining table and full kitchen. They are much larger and do cost more to rent based on the amenities and size of the unit.

I am a bit dismayed about the pool comment you made as well as the comment about the menu in Tortuga's. The restaurant is open seasonally and offers a casual menu. The menu is designed for speedy service and consists mostly of sandwiches, tacos and salads. I hope that you gave our team the opportunity to correct the issues you experienced by contacting a manager on duty to discuss your concerns. We do apologize for your experience. Though you did not enjoy our property as much as we would wish, I encourage you to look at other properties in our portfolio that may better suit your needs during a future visit to Virginia Beach.