All reviews ocean beach club adult pool fire pit sun deck full kitchen front desk ocean view suite beautiful resort building next door gold key sister hotel daily housekeeping self parking bedroom unit valet service timeshare exchange hot tub
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here Oct 21-28, 2017. We had rooms 1821, 1822 & 1823.

I called a few months in advance to request that the rooms be near each other as they weren't assigned when I made the reservation. I knew it was only a request and of course no guarantees.

Courtney went out of her way to insure our family had rooms in the same floor. That was super thoughtful of her and very important to us.

Throughout our stay we interacted with both Courtney and Alexis for various requests including check in, maintenance, package delivery, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary but every request was met with a smile and sense of urgency that comes from truly caring about their guests.

The rooms were beautiful. I told my husband when we walked into 1823 "I'm never leaving this room". Beautifully furnished, a large kitchen for all the cooking I did during the week, a perfect walk in shower with a seat and handrails for my elderly father and most importantly a view that filled me with so much gratitude I literally could have burst!

I'll also mention that EVERY person we came in contact with at the hotel was super pleasant from the valet to housekeeping to the maintenance staff. I really don't know how anyone could be unhappy staying here but people will always find a way I guess.

Thank you to everyone at the Oceanaire for having such a beautiful property and customer service attitude.

We live in Alexandria VA just outside of DC and have been coming to VA Beach more and more. We will definitely be staying here again. I'm already looking at booking for two weeks in the winter for a little writing retreat for myself!

Thanks again everyone!

Deb Monahan & Darryel Adams
Alexandria VA

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank WanderlustDebra
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair we had wanted to stay at the old cavalier but it was torn down so this was our second choice. Oceanaire has been bought out by diamond which we were told has been bought out by someone else. The property itself is very nice. We had a wonderful suite overlooking the Ocean where we saw close to 100 dolphins playing in the water over the course of our stay. And there was no pressure on us to invest in a timeshare there.
The electrical outlets only half worked; the wi fi was very sketchy. If you're trying to sell these things should be attended to
Staff
The 1st desk clerk was diffident at best. No one to explain how or when check in worked.
However, when I questioned her lackluster approach ; she was immediately replaced with a manager who made sure everything went smoothly; summoning busboys; explaining their valet system; and reassuring me things would be taken care of. This should not occur at all in a hotel but she took care of it.
While there the second day we'd thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub the grounds and our room. When we went into the elevator I noticed that a couple was in there being escorted by an older salesman. I remarked to the couple how we'd enjoyed our stay. The salesman asked me if we owned a timeshare there and when I said no he said rudely:" oh I guess you like to just yammer away !"
Ordinarily I would correct such boorish behavior even if he is trying to make a sale, but really he's not worth a response.
So this gets to the crux of the schizophrenic nature of this place
On the outside appearance beautiful grounds;rooms;jacuzzis etc.
Dig deeper and you reveal the ugliness that comes with constant sales pressure.
I must say the valets do a wonderful job.
But with so many hotels there why bother with this one?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaxon27
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We are staying in this room for only one night and it is gorgeous! It looks recently remodeled and it is super clean. Upon check in, we met with the concierge who is trying to sell travel club membership, I am super tempted to buy one based off the service and freshness of this property. I would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your great stay with us. We work hard to keep the property up to date and beautiful. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We used this resort for a timeshare exchange. The whole week we were there the internet would not work. When we got there the floor looked like it had never been swept because we kept finding pumpkin seeds on the floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front room not a beach view room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in the cleanliness of our resort and guest rooms, and when our front desk is notified of any concerns and/or requests they will promptly assist. We hope you enjoyed a pleasant vacation despite this and welcome you back on all your future travels.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My kids were in the indoor pool and a maintenance staff yelled at us, from one corner of the pool to the other corner, where we were. : " kids not allowed in the pool" . we might have not seen the very tiny sign, but that's no the way to approach guests- please train your staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family