“Great experience, great food”
Review of Thirty7north - CLOSED

Thirty7north
Price range: US$4 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shore Drive
Description: Head in the direction of Thirty Seven North, the new dining destination for elegant "farm to table", American cuisine. Our Virginia Beach restaurant provides a casual on-the-water atmosphere in the Shore Drive area that is warm, local, and far north of ordinary. We pride ourselves on bringing you the freshest seasonal ingredients available and preparing modern fare using local produce, meats, and seafood with both traditional and exotic recipes. Our menu is ever-changing so that we can evolve with the seasons and today’s freshest catch. Live Music: Friday and Saturday!
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner on a Sunday night. The place was not as busy as I had anticipated. We enjoyed their take on oysters Rockefeller and the green tomatoes for starter. The ribs, flank steak, gnocchi, and tuna were great and we thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate dessert and the "walk around the farm".
Would definitively come again for a fancy meal. You definitively get what you pay for.

2  Thank AKSmM
There are newer reviews for Thirty7north

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I joined my family for dinner here which ended up being a group of 11 or 12. They set us aside in their private party room in the back which was very nice, allowing us to have our meal without the commotion of the rest of the restaurant. I joined late, so I didn't catch our server's name, but he was a young man with shaggy brown hair. He was very knowledgeable and friendly, and hit all the key points of service throughout our meal.
We had the tuna poke and pretzel bites for an appetizer, which were both delicious. The tuna poke came on a tempura sweet potato chip which had a nice crunch, complemented well by the flavor of the tuna. The pretzel bites were soft and warm, served with a horseradish mustard/cheese sauce.
For my entree, I had the 12oz strip steak with mushrooms, and the server recommended the sauteed spinach and shallots for my second side. The steak was cooked nicely, and was complemented perfectly with my mushrooms and spinach. I ordered a glass of zinfandel to go with my steak which was a perfect match! Others in my party had mahi, skirt steak, and scallops, but what really pleased us was that the chef went out of his way to make a custom vegetarian dish for my mother which was as beautiful as it was tasty; really felt the love with that!
For desert I had a peanut butter dish which was OK, but I really loved the chocolate desert my father ordered; it went perfectly with my port wine!
To top it off, the chef visited our party two separate times, once before entrees, and after desert, to make sure everything was OK.
All in all, my entire party enjoyed everything about our trip, and are eager to return again soon. I highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank Rockin_in_theUSA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The waiter was unbelievably knowledgeable and superb overall. The sommelier was fair; she did not know her wines much, to be honest, and encouraged us to buy one that was not as great as she let on.

But the food was imaginative, creative, delicious-out-of-this-world food with amazingly interesting textures and combinations. My GF had the gnocchi, which was fab, and I had scallops after a beet and goat cheese salad, which was stellar.

Real gastronomy...! Gourmand's delight!

2  Thank Petronius X
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We enjoyed a birthday celebration dinner for a group of about 40 on a Saturday night and were not disappointed by the food or service. Frankly, I'm from out of town and my expectations were not that high that this quiet place on a marina could get food for this many people, on separate checks no less, out correctly while being hot and tasty. Was I wrong. The food was delicious and the service was really amazing, or perhaps I was distracted by all the fun. Either way, I would go back. It is worth the drive from Town Center where we were staying.

1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great well hidden and quiet restaurant. Fantastic food. Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Cbrooks294