Oceans 2700 Hotel
US$229
US$224
Country Inn
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$135
Hotels.com
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$190
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$190
US$261
US$215
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$156
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$144
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$105
US$234
US$204
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$169
US$141
  • Pool
All reviewspedestal sinkno elevatortile flooringshort walk to the beachfew issuesstayed here for one nighttwo queen bedsbooked this hotelthe room was niceshampoocloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Positives: the rooms are clean and have very pretty furniture.
Negatives: -Misleading website says it is oceanfront and "steps" from the ocean. It's a full block back, and there is zero view of the ocean from anywhere on the property. Also, priceline.com has a picture that looks like it's on the beach.
-My traveling companion had a table and 2 chairs in his room, but mine had none. There was nowhere to sit except on the high bed. By the time I left, my sciatic nerve had swollen from my hip to my calf because of all the standing.
-Pretty blinds on the windows but no curtains, so no way to block or dim sunlight.
-No staff on duty after 2am, and I was awakened very early both mornings to another guest screaming and cursing at their roommate (a little scary)
-No refunds or cancellations - a lot of other hotels offer but this one doesn't.
-My room had no cleaning the 2nd day so I had to use wet towels.
-No rugs on the floor, so I had to wear shoes to warm my feet.
-7 digit code to get in the room. A little inconvenient.
-No channel guide to the tv, so you just have to flip slowly through the channels.

I would not stay here again. The lady at the front desk talked for a long time about how comfortable their beds are, but because I was limping and in pain due to the lack of seating in the room by the time I left, the bed really didn't do me any good.

Room Tip: Because some of the rooms have chairs, ask if yours does before you book the room. Remember, absolutely no refunds or cancellations.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie T
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We thank you for taking the time to place your comments regarding our property and your stay with us. I must say however I am a little disappointed to hear that you are not interested in returning to us. You made mention of a few things during your stay that I would like to take a moment to address individually.
-. Regarding the lack of table and chairs in your room. As we discussed just prior to your departure, our tables/chairs are in the process of being re-finished and yes, not all rooms have them replaced at the moment. However, if this was a concern, we certainly could have made the proper arrangements for you to have them. We would have been more than happy to have moved them from another room so that you could have been accommodated.
- Regarding no cancellations or refunds. Our property has a 72 hour cancellation policy which everyone is entitled to and as far as refunds, if a guest is not entirely satisfied with their stay and can provide us ample notification of the issue(s) so that we may have an opportunity to correct, your money/monies for that day would certainly be refunded if we at that point have yet to satisfy you. We too would have assisted in finding alternative lodging arrangements for you that may better suit your needs.
- Regarding a channel guide for the TV. Our TV line-up is available on a menu board which is located in your room. If at any time you were uncertain, a quick phone call to the front desk agent on duty would have been able to assist you with its location and if by change one was in fact not in your room, we would have been more than happy to have gotten you one or even printed out the TV guide for you.
- Regarding the misunderstand of "Oceanfront" vs. "Ocean view", we are in fact considered an "Oceanfront" property, however we are not nor do we claim to be an "Ocean view" property. I do apologizes for any misunderstanding you may have had between the two.
- Regarding the office hours and your early morning disturbance. In our off season, our office does close overnight, however there are numbers listed for after hour assistance for our guests to reach a service agent. Which I do believe you had done so. We contacted the guest in question and after speaking with you, I was lead to believe that everything had been taken care of. Because I sincerely want all of my guests to enjoy their stay with us and to know that each and everyone of you are valued, I provided you with an additional discount to your stay because of the slight inconvenience you experienced.
In short, I do sincerely hope you change your mind regarding a future stay with us and please remember that if at any time you have a question or need, it takes nothing to pick up the phone. One of our service agents will always be available to assist you.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The rates are very reasonable, not to far from the beach and walking distance to lots of amenities and sights. Free parking but make sure you have a pass in the window to avoid any issues. The rooms don't offer much but we found it very clean and the bed is big and comfy. The water pressure in the shower is great but the dispensers for shampoo, soap etc are a bit dated. When we checked in (in the late evening) the front desk woman was very informative and gave us all the information about Virginia Beach we could ask for. Our biggest complaint is the Wi-Fi it was very slow if it worked at all. It's also a bit noisy but nothing outrageous. Overall it was a nice stay for a fair price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MP-Higgins

MP-Higgins,
Thank you so very much for providing us with your feedback during your visit with us. We greatly appreciate your time and comments. We are delighted you have enjoyed your time with us and certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We were to stay here for a soccer . We were required to book threw tournament site. The soccer tournament was cancelled due to excessive rain. The hotel refused to refund our money. This is bad business. Many of the other hotels issued full refunds. Don't stay here. This is not how you should treat customers.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank LLTwigg
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Laura O,

Unfortunately the tournament you are speaking on was in fact canceled as we cannot help what "mother nature" throws at us. This is very much a disappointment to all involved. However, I would appreciate it if you were to reconsider your comments in regards to our business and the representation that we treat our customers in an ill or unfair fashion.
Per our agreement there was a one night non refundable deposit required which was accepted among your party. Where we very well could have charged for the full length of stay based on that agreement, we did not. Too, because of this unfortunate situation I decided to issue each member of your group including yourself full compensation equal to the amount of the deposit, which is valid through next years tournament dates. Reason for doing so is because I do take personally the satisfaction of my guests. Where I was not able to retract the terms to our agreement, I did try to do what I thought to be the next best thing. I do hope you are understanding of the situation and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed for a weekend, staff was friendly and eager to help, beautiful location and beautiful rooms. My new spot when I visit Virginia Beach. The ocean is only steps away from the property. The pool was a great plus!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding our property and your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself and are looking forward to your return. Please feel free to leave comments and or suggestions so that we may continue to exceed our guests expectations.
Until next time.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

They claimed they have pool in the website and even when I checked in day but the next day I tried to get in the pool they had a sign board saying pool is closed. So when I called in the front desk the lady who is very rude claimed the pool was only seasonal. Which was only till labor day. Don't ever stay in this hotel its a rip off. They don't even have a breakfast meal they charge money jus to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank freespeech2013
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Freespeech 2013,

We do thank you for choosing Oceans 2700 for your lodging needs. I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your stay. You had made several comments in regards to our facility that I would like to address at this time.
You stated that our website indicated an outdoor pool, which is correct. Our pool is seasonal in which the standard season runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, at which time we did in fact close for the season, as did the surrounding properties as well. However due to your concerns with the pool we have decided to re-open while the weather still remains some what warm for those individuals that would like to occupy it. Due to our pool not being of use during your stay, we did offer to you alternative pool options. I am sorry if these options were not to your liking.
You also made mention that we do not offer breakfast. This too is correct, however as you mentioned, you clearly saw this on our website prior to booking.
Your last comment in regards to our hotel being a "rip off" due to the fact that we charge for sleeping in a bed, Sir with all due respect, I find this statement quite harsh and unfair. When renting any hotel room, this is what you are being charged for. I'm not exactly sure as to what else you were expecting to pay for. In your review you gave us a terrible rating, but yet you stayed two days and accepted compensation for your alleged inconvenience with our pool being closed.
I can only ask that you re-consider your words and the truthfulness of them and kindly remove your comments. If you would like to further discuss this situation, I will be more than happy to do so.

Terri Davis