“You will be Happy and you will Sleep Excellent”
Review of Oceans 2700 Hotel

Oceans 2700 Hotel
Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Super Super Clean Motel. This was the best motel I have ever stayed in. Don't let the smaller look of the motel scare you away. We normally prefer the hotels however the prime time rates were not worth it to me. I decided to take a chance on this motel because of the reviews it was getting. Sure enough, the reviews said it all!! This motel was super clean and simple. The beds provided better sleep than I have ever gotten away from home. The rooms have tile flooring which is a super plus for me. There are no lingering odors or dirt. This motel was remodeled and it is just perfect. The management is amazing. They are willing to help you in any way possible. Parking was not a problem because they only allow their guests to park there. The motel is only one block from Oceanfront. Truly worth staying here. The price was so affordable. We will be back. Ps. there is a 7-11 right beside of the motel which allows for your early morning coffee or late night snacks. The rooms do come with a microwave and refrigerator as well as a flat screen television with a great selection of channels. Wifi works perfectly. I can't say enough about this motel. A true gem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal B
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Ms. Crystal B,

I would like to start by thanking you for giving Oceans 2700 a chance and for sharing your experience us. Our two top priorities are to provide our guests with nothing less than exceptional customer service and to provide clean and comfortable accommodations. I am very pleased to hear that we have not fallen short on our goals.

Should we be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to serving you once again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff was very nice. The room was clean except for dirt in the corner and a piece of popcorn beside the bed. The beds are comfy! They need some chairs in the room and a counter or shelves in the bathroom. There is only a small pedestal sink so there is nowhere to put your things. Great location, only a block from the beach. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was timid at first to book at Oceans 2700. From the previous reviews it didn't seem like we'd be happy if we went with this hotel. I was booking the vacation for my entire sand soccer team (women's league) so I wanted to ensure everyone would be happy with my choice. After much debate and critical comparisons (price, location, etc.) I put aside everyone's negative comments and went forward to book. The staff members were so pleasant to deal with so the booking experience was 5 stars. The actual facility has made a complete turn around according to the negative reviews I read before I went. My boyfriend and I pulled up and the hotel seemed to be completely re-done. The stay was excellent, the only issue we had was the shower not draining quick enough which did seem to be a bother. The website did say it was "ocean view" which isn't entirely true-the hotel is about two blocks from the boardwalk but still very close. There was no curtains to block out the light so if you plan to sleep in this makes it very difficult to do so. The facility has it's own parking which ended up being a huge plus and definitely a factor to be considered. Overall our stay was between a 3-5 star vacation at Oceans 2700 and I'd go with your own opinions rather than reading the previous negative ones from vacation goers.

Room Tip: Room 106 shower does not drain well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by Oceans 2700. As we were on a budget, we chose this hotel simply for the great rates. On our arrival we were very glad to see that the property was well maintained. Sheila, the lady at reception, was very friendly, helpful and full of jokes. Our room was clean and well maintained. All the linen was clean. There was enough towels and all the consumables were stocked up. The beds are nice and comfy. The fridge, coffee machine, tv, iron and lights were all working without fail. The airconditioning unit was excellent. The beach is literally around the corner. The swimming pool was well maintained and the water temprature was spot on. We can not fault Oceans 2700. And if you consider the price, it is really a place to consider if you are planning to visit Virginia Beach. Our only "complaint" is that the Wi-Fi was a little unreliable. But hey! When you are on holiday, this doesn't really matter. Overall, we enjoyed staying here and can only say that you should consider Oceans 2700 too!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Henk W
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Positives: the rooms are clean and have very pretty furniture.
Negatives: -Misleading website says it is oceanfront and "steps" from the ocean. It's a full block back, and there is zero view of the ocean from anywhere on the property. Also, priceline.com has a picture that looks like it's on the beach.
-My traveling companion had a table and 2 chairs in his room, but mine had none. There was nowhere to sit except on the high bed. By the time I left, my sciatic nerve had swollen from my hip to my calf because of all the standing.
-Pretty blinds on the windows but no curtains, so no way to block or dim sunlight.
-No staff on duty after 2am, and I was awakened very early both mornings to another guest screaming and cursing at their roommate (a little scary)
-No refunds or cancellations - a lot of other hotels offer but this one doesn't.
-My room had no cleaning the 2nd day so I had to use wet towels.
-No rugs on the floor, so I had to wear shoes to warm my feet.
-7 digit code to get in the room. A little inconvenient.
-No channel guide to the tv, so you just have to flip slowly through the channels.

I would not stay here again. The lady at the front desk talked for a long time about how comfortable their beds are, but because I was limping and in pain due to the lack of seating in the room by the time I left, the bed really didn't do me any good.

Room Tip: Because some of the rooms have chairs, ask if yours does before you book the room. Remember, absolut...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie T
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We thank you for taking the time to place your comments regarding our property and your stay with us. I must say however I am a little disappointed to hear that you are not interested in returning to us. You made mention of a few things during your stay that I would like to take a moment to address individually.
-. Regarding the lack of table and chairs in your room. As we discussed just prior to your departure, our tables/chairs are in the process of being re-finished and yes, not all rooms have them replaced at the moment. However, if this was a concern, we certainly could have made the proper arrangements for you to have them. We would have been more than happy to have moved them from another room so that you could have been accommodated.
- Regarding no cancellations or refunds. Our property has a 72 hour cancellation policy which everyone is entitled to and as far as refunds, if a guest is not entirely satisfied with their stay and can provide us ample notification of the issue(s) so that we may have an opportunity to correct, your money/monies for that day would certainly be refunded if we at that point have yet to satisfy you. We too would have assisted in finding alternative lodging arrangements for you that may better suit your needs.
- Regarding a channel guide for the TV. Our TV line-up is available on a menu board which is located in your room. If at any time you were uncertain, a quick phone call to the front desk agent on duty would have been able to assist you with its location and if by change one was in fact not in your room, we would have been more than happy to have gotten you one or even printed out the TV guide for you.
- Regarding the misunderstand of "Oceanfront" vs. "Ocean view", we are in fact considered an "Oceanfront" property, however we are not nor do we claim to be an "Ocean view" property. I do apologizes for any misunderstanding you may have had between the two.
- Regarding the office hours and your early morning disturbance. In our off season, our office does close overnight, however there are numbers listed for after hour assistance for our guests to reach a service agent. Which I do believe you had done so. We contacted the guest in question and after speaking with you, I was lead to believe that everything had been taken care of. Because I sincerely want all of my guests to enjoy their stay with us and to know that each and everyone of you are valued, I provided you with an additional discount to your stay because of the slight inconvenience you experienced.
In short, I do sincerely hope you change your mind regarding a future stay with us and please remember that if at any time you have a question or need, it takes nothing to pick up the phone. One of our service agents will always be available to assist you.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The rates are very reasonable, not to far from the beach and walking distance to lots of amenities and sights. Free parking but make sure you have a pass in the window to avoid any issues. The rooms don't offer much but we found it very clean and the bed is big and comfy. The water pressure in the shower is great but the dispensers for shampoo, soap etc are a bit dated. When we checked in (in the late evening) the front desk woman was very informative and gave us all the information about Virginia Beach we could ask for. Our biggest complaint is the Wi-Fi it was very slow if it worked at all. It's also a bit noisy but nothing outrageous. Overall it was a nice stay for a fair price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MP-Higgins

MP-Higgins,
Thank you so very much for providing us with your feedback during your visit with us. We greatly appreciate your time and comments. We are delighted you have enjoyed your time with us and certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We were to stay here for a soccer . We were required to book threw tournament site. The soccer tournament was cancelled due to excessive rain. The hotel refused to refund our money. This is bad business. Many of the other hotels issued full refunds. Don't stay here. This is not how you should treat customers.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank LLTwigg
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Laura O,

Unfortunately the tournament you are speaking on was in fact canceled as we cannot help what "mother nature" throws at us. This is very much a disappointment to all involved. However, I would appreciate it if you were to reconsider your comments in regards to our business and the representation that we treat our customers in an ill or unfair fashion.
Per our agreement there was a one night non refundable deposit required which was accepted among your party. Where we very well could have charged for the full length of stay based on that agreement, we did not. Too, because of this unfortunate situation I decided to issue each member of your group including yourself full compensation equal to the amount of the deposit, which is valid through next years tournament dates. Reason for doing so is because I do take personally the satisfaction of my guests. Where I was not able to retract the terms to our agreement, I did try to do what I thought to be the next best thing. I do hope you are understanding of the situation and we look forward to seeing you soon.