“Fresh & delicious Asian Cuisine”

Judy's Sichuan Cuisine
Ranked #189 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Go early - arrive at 11:30 am for the Lunch menu! I enjoyed the Shrimp with vegetables. There are a dozen lunch specials to choose from and it was getting busy at noon. The food we ordered was very fresh. I really liked the won-ton soup. We have also had dinner with friends at Judy's. The green beans are excellent. I always want to order them - they are popular and on the menu at "market price". Judy's is tucked in the shops around the corner from Kmart. We will go back!

1  Thank BusinessTravellerVA

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I found this place by the newspaper article, and have been there twice now. Great authentic food, freshly made, tasty, and lots of it. Really good. Hard to find, but you will be glad you did.

1  Thank beach2mountains
Reviewed 25 April 2013

In December of 2012 I wrote about this wonderful gem we had found at VA Beach, We have been there a few times after that review and all was well - still not very busy but everything was good (food, service, hospitality) - well not so this time! What a difference a restaurant review in the local paper can make! We went for our anniversary on a Thursday night and the place was packed. We were seated promptly but it took 15 min for someone to come for our drink order. We ordered 2 imported beers which came with 2 dirty glasses. The waitress finally came to take our dinner order in another 15 min and it was 40 min after that when we finally received our Hot and Sour Soup, It was horrific to say the least. While choking down the soup the waitress brought our chicken with black bean sauce so it was cold by the time we got to it. Never during our time there did anyone come to ask if we needed water or anything else to drink. The chicken with black bean sauce was equally as horrific as the soup, perhaps more so. It was served in a pyrex pie pan! So I am guessing that the packed tables would be due to the good review given by the restaurant reviewer but I know I will never be going back there. We complained to the owner (Judy) who said sorry but took nothing off the bill and as they say kept it moving, What a shame to ruin a good establishment but at least we had a few good months.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I had the Kung Pao Shrimp lunch special ($7.95), which comes with choice of steamed or fried rice and choice of soup (hot and sour, egg drop, or wonton) or spring roll. I had the hot and sour soup, which was tasty and spicy (no meat). Soup didn't come with the fried noodles/wontons that often accompany Chinese soups , but they brought them after I asked--they were stale. The kung pao shrimp featured an ample amount of medium sized shrimp, the sauce was very tasty, and the fried rice was quite light (not oil soaked and no chunks of egg). I recommend it for those who like a spice. I also had hot tea ($2.20), served with loose leaves in a china tea pot. $11 with tax for a very filling and satisfying meal.

1  Thank Raddawg
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I enjoyed pot stickers and kung pao chicken. The pot stickers were obviously prepared to order; they were hot and fresh. the KunP Pao chicken was the best I had ever eaten. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting "real" Chinese food in a simple, clean environment.

1  Thank Martin C