“Great Captain.”
Review of Matador Charters

Matador Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Matador Charters is a owner operated sport fishing company fishing from Rudee Inlet in the resort area of Virginia Beach. We specialize in inshore and offshore charter fishing for private groups and families of up to 6 people. Kids are welcome and we fish out of Virginia Beach year round.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Captain Jake put us on the fish. He was very knowledgeable about the ocean and all the fish we encountered.

1  Thank Rainman4u2c

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Excellent Captain and crew. Very knowledgeable whether you want inshore or offshore fishing. The Matador is an excellent ride to the TUNA!

1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Capt. Jake Hiles is one of the best fishing guides in Virginia Beach. Wether inshore or offshore he has the knowledge and skills to put you on the fish. First class all the way.

1  Thank RuthlessOutdoors
Reviewed 27 January 2014

What an amazing time I had fishing aboard The Matador. The boat was amazing. My boss and his wife had taken my co-workers and I down to Virginia Beach to fish with Jake. We had an amazing time and let me tell you, the fishing was out of this world. Never again will I ever catch 3 Big Eye Tuna in one day! The biggest was around 220lbs, the second biggest was around 200lbs and the smallest we caught was 176lbs! Of course we caught more than just Big Eyes. Jake hooked me my first White Marlin which was pretty exciting. We raised a ton of Dorado and a couple Wahoo. The mate was great as well. He kept things running smoothly and was very helpful! Definitely a trip that will be stuck in my memory banks for forever all thanks to Jake!

I will definitely go deep sea fishing again, aboard the Matador!

2  Thank BUENA VISTA SPO... G
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Had a great time on our fishing trip with Captain Jake Hiles of Metador Charters. Five of us chartered his boat for a 10 hour amberjack run. He was able to customize our trip by working with us to find the best time span, price, and offshore option to fit our needs.He had two mates that were amazingly helpful and friendly. He was extremely knowledgeable and made sure that we all left happy and with plenty of fish. On the downtime, from reeling in huge fish, we got to see a school of dolphins that swam right up next to the boat, close enough to touch.He even stopped to take the extra time to throw a couple more lines out, when he could of just headed straight back to shore. Thanks again to Jake and his mates for an amazing trip!

3  Thank ashbrock