“redfish to cure cabin fever”

Matador Sport Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Matador Charters is a owner operated sport fishing company fishing from Rudee Inlet in the resort area of Virginia Beach. We specialize in inshore and offshore charter fishing for private groups and families of up to 6 people. Kids are welcome and we fish out of Virginia Beach year round.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Called Capt. Jake last Monday, April 7, after hearing about a hot puppy drum bite. He said he was available on Wed. I took the day off from work met him at 9am for a half day of fishing. I caught and kept my limit plus caught and released another 25 or so. It was non stop action for the half day I booked.

2  Thank Frederick C

Reviewed 29 January 2014

JAKE made sure we got the best of both on Sunday! Fishing was on at the Bay Bridge Tunnel this year and Jake found us both games ! Pun intended! I chartered other boats before but not like this, they made you feel like family. My 12 year old and his friends have asked if we can do it again next Christmas break. I'm already booked for next year, thanks!

1  Thank VETERANFIRST
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have fished with Captain Jake out of Rudee Inlet and Cape Hatteras. He is great captain that seems to always put me on fish. Great boat, fishing gear and tackle. His mate was great on deck and very patient with the crew. I will be fishing with Matador Charters again and look forward to another great trip.

1  Thank GeorgeHughes
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Captain Jake put us on the fish. He was very knowledgeable about the ocean and all the fish we encountered.

1  Thank Rainman4u2c
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Excellent Captain and crew. Very knowledgeable whether you want inshore or offshore fishing. The Matador is an excellent ride to the TUNA!

1  Thank Fred C