“We Love This Place!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013

When we lived in Virginia Beach, Frankie's was our "go to" BBQ restaurant. Now that we live in Norfolk, it still is our favorite. Got a take-out order to treat my wife and her friend to their birthday dinners and it was absolutely fantastic!!! Frankie's Rules!!!

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We had lunch catered during a recent visit. The ribs were falling off the bone good...the sauce was great. The pulled pork was great. Some of the best bbq I have had in quite some time.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have not been here in a long time. We used to go to the beach location at least once a month. We were in the area and decided to stop for dinner. The service was alright. The ribs were a bit dry and over cooked. The sides were good. I was disappointed that the taste I remember was no longer there. I might stop again if I am in the area, but I won't make a special trip.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I ended up to this joint by world of mouth with the nice owner of a great wine shop near by and when I saw the place for ribs I had to get some in my order to go along with their bbq chicken. Let me tell you these baby back ribs were really bad....... Meatless unseasoned and superdry! Thankfully without my knowledge I had an ace in my sleeve: the chicken! Wow that was REALLY fantastic, perfectly cooked, moist tender juicy just Perfect! Yeah! That's something to go back for!
I'd suggest to change the name to Frankie's the place for Chicken!!!!
I rated this place 4 very good as for the chicken 7 the ribs 1 total 8 average 4 very good

PS I had a taste of the pulled pork as well.... Sorry nothing special.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

This local gem is in the middle of an unattractive strip shopping center area of Virginia Beach. Frankie's frequently is busy, but I never have had a very long wait for a table. The thing to get here is ribs. I don't think I have ever ordered anything else. They I know how to do them, and they do them well. This is not a hip place to eat. The clientele tends to be a senior citizens. The decor is a bit old fashioned, and I love it. The value is average. You probably will spend what you would at Smokey Bones. get a complimentary cup of soup with your dinner. The corn bread muffins are quite good. The onion loafis a good appetizer. I recommend the sweet potato fries as a side.