“Good food”

Ranked #872 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff is friendly, the food is good, the prices are average for a meal. I recommend this place to anyone

Reviewed 1 August 2014

So I got the Burrito Loco with chicken...It was huge! I got it with chicken but you can get it with steak, pork etc. My boyfriend got a daily special of some kind. He liked it. I think he wasn't expecting so much food for just $7.99. With drinks and all including tip we only spent $36.00 Needless to say we will be eating here again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

After 'breaking up' with our usual favorite Mexican place, my family and I embarked on a journey to find the best margarita in town (Va Beach/Chesapeake/Norfolk). We live just a few blocks from Sol de Mexico and decided to try it late one evening. The staff was in the process of shutting down for the night (it was 9:30 and they closed at 10) and the place smelled slightly of pine floor cleaner, the chairs were put up, and the booths were moved out so they could clean behind them.

We weren't interested in food, this was a drinks-only trip. The servers took great care to ensure we had a nice table; they even took down the chairs at the tables around us even though we assured them it wasn't necessary. We were on a mission, this didn't involve food at all, it was all about the margaritas.

Our server brought us chips and salsa, which were surprisingly good. We had been here several years ago and weren't impressed. This time was a different story- the place was spotless, the staff was doing a full break-down of the seating area. Still, they talked with us, recommended the Texas margaritas, and we were surprisingly impressed. This margarita isn't overpowered with mixer and doesn't leave a sweet taste in the mouth. We'll be back another time to revisit the food, but for now this is the best margarita in town. The price was quite reasonable: four margaritas (one was a Jumbo size), plus the requisite chips & salsa, for less than $40.

How convenient that it's right down the street!

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Classmates and I ate here before taking our finals and this place was great. The service was excellent. I wish I could remember our servers name. But the food was fast and tasted amazing.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were going to meet at a different Mexican restaurant but somehow our party got all mixed up were to meet. To make a long story short, we ended up at Sol De Mexico. The service was so fast and good. The staff was friendly too. The food was delicious. I forgot what everyone had but there was six in our party and everyone was happy with their meal.