“Not faux pho!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Neighbourhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We love the pho here. My wife gets the number 1 and I go for the number4 with brisket, roundsreak, and sirloin. The small bowl is plenty even if you are super hungry. The fresh herbs and additions are nice and there is hoisin and siracha available to doctor it up as wanted. Our favorite local place for pho!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is my local Pho 79 my wife and i go in all the time. My favorite is the Mì Ðo Bien egg noodle soup with shrimp, squid and fish ball. With an order of spring rolls!

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Broth was very rich and flavorful, plenty of meat and rice noodles and a side plate of more veggies. Condiments included everything to spice it up, including siratcha sauce. We also had the rice wrapper style spring rolls with shrimp. Food got to our table in 15 minutes or less. Staff was great. Very healthy eating and everything can be made vegetarian. Huge menu. New to Vietnamese food? Give these folks a try.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

In my opinion, a good measure of authenticity is whether the cuisine appeals to its namesake ethnic group. An example of this is a Chinese carry-out that I frequented when I lived in Central Jersey. With few exceptions, including me, the clientele was of Chinese origin. This appears to be the case with Pho 79. My wife and I shared egg rolls, Vietnamese spring rolls, Pho Tai (noodle soup with round steak), a pork chop over rice and grilled beef on a skewer. All of the flavors were unique; however, the shrimp roll came in a wrap that in my opinion was inedible (more like a tasteless plastic-rubbery texture) The meat segments were quite tasty; however, the noodle base was cold (I understand the correct presentation) and not my taste. The most appealing menu items we sampled were the egg rolls and the soup, the latter with a plentiful supply of noodles. However, given the overall experience, along with a relatively high price ($43 before tip for two), coupled with mediocre service, we will write this up as a one-time experience.

1  Thank tfig218
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was surprised at the total lack of customer service. I even asked for the manager and he did nothing. I will never eat there again.