“Great experience”
Review of Beach Movie Bistro

Beach Movie Bistro
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend drug me here to see Captain America when it was released and I hate going to the movies. Every time I go to the theater you can bet there will be screaming/crying children, loud teens talking, someone kicking my seat, someone with a candy wrapper who takes 45 minutes to eat their candy, and I've even had someone light a cigarette in the theater in front of me. So I refuse to go usually because it just drives me nuts how rude people have become in theaters.

Still, after dragging me here with dreams of Chris Evans run around in a tight outfit, we were promptly seated and our waiter took our drink order. Sweet tea, good start. I ordered the BBQ chicken nachos which were HUGE as well as a BBQ chicken salad. The salad was delicious with a yummy BBQ ranch dressing with fresh black beans and corn and tomatos. The boyfriend ordered a burger which I tasted and it was also pretty good.

We did not order dessert as the movie had begun and my one complaint was that they did not come and clear the food away once the movie started. I understand that they would be walking around in the way but for all of 15-20 seconds I am willing to make the sacrifice for myself and those around me so we don't all have to smell potent BBQ sauces and old food for two hours. So that was a drawback.

After we stacked everything and pushed the table as far away as we could - it was better.

A large group of beer drinkers sat behind us just before the movie started so I was worried I was in for my typical movie treat but they were very quiet and polite, rarely speaking once the movie started. They did get up to pee about 45 times during the movie like it was musical chairs, as soon as one returned another would leave, but otherwise that was it.

The theater is clean, the food was yummy and they had some other options that sounded amazing like a pasta dish I almost ordered in place of my salad, and the servers were very friendly and very polite (we spoke to two of them).

The prices were high - it was probably around $60 for the meal and $40 for our tickets so it was expensive but it was pleasant. There is ample space between seats and tables so your seat will likely not get kicked by those behind you - plus for me.

All in all - I still hate going to the movies as a general rule - but this place wasn't so bad. I'd go again. Maybe for the next Hunger Games movie.

2  Thank Alison M
There are newer reviews for Beach Movie Bistro

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The entry area looked a little outdated, but the seats were quite comfy. The food was standard (pizza, macaroni and cheese), and the beer was priced as expected - $4 domestic bottles. Student tickets were $9 so I'd return if I were back in the area.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Many food and beverage selections. Tables at your seats to enjoy your selections at. Nice, clean restrooms.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

this is a great place to go when the weather is bad. you can eat and DRINK while you and the kids watch a movie. we took a cab so that my girlfriend and i could drink. we both fell asleep while the kids watched the movie. :O)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We recently did dinner and a movie here and it was fun! It's much more reasonable to buy dinner at a theater rather than an overpriced bucket of popcorn. I wish they used real cups instead of disposables since it's so wasteful. The staff was attentive and got our order taken quickly. We'll certainly be back.

2  Thank sarahannimal