“Valentine's Dinner 2014”

Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 36th Street
Transit: On the Tide route.
Description: Fusion is located in the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel serving Southern Style Regional Eastern Shore Cuisine
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went for valentine's dinner and Villa was our server. She gave recommendations and was very attentive. Great wine selection. My only suggestion is that a chiller should be served w white wines. Excellent menu w full and half portions. Salmon and bison meatloaf dinners were delicious. We didn't choose from the special dinner menu since most of the items you really had to have a palate for. Dessert was molten chocolate cake w mint chocolate chip ice cream. So rich and yummy.
Restaurant had an awesome vibe and clean. Beautiful view and loved watching the moon rise over the ocean. Chose location due to great reviews. Thank you for a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Vicki S
Rick M, Guest Relations Manager at Fusion Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to spend your valentines day with us Vicki S! We appreciate all the kind words regarding Villa, the menu, and atmosphere. I always like to suggest for future visits that you try something along the lines of what you have already enjoyed; for instance our Bison Sliders are fantastic, if you have already tried the meatloaf, and for the fish lover who chose our Salmon I'm sure the Tuna would be fantastic as well! The molten cake is always a hit it seems, definitely give our Bread Pudding a try too as our guests always love that just as much! Our floor to ceiling windows certainly provide a nice view of the Atlantic either at night or during the day, and I'm glad the clouds didn't come out to stop your view of the moon! We have taken note of the missing chiller for the wine, and will work with our staff to correct that for your and anyone else's future visits. We can't wait to have you come dine with us again, and are so glad you had such a wonderful holiday!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am a local and go there predominantly for the beach location. I love the specials during restaurant week or beer and wine week - chef Kevin Sharkey has frequently come our to our table to talk to us about the menu items and check on our experience. this chef seems to be on the rise and recommend catching him when he can be creative and isn't locked down by sheraton or other menu restrictions. Love the ahi tuna wrap as I could eat raw tuna for every meal. or cook game as the bison meatloaf is fun. during beer week there was a tomato soup with truffle popcorn as a crouton - it was crazy good.
wish the outdoor dining was more accessible during off season
the mac and cheese appetizer is really good - share it so you don't feel guilty

1  Thank Karen J
Rick M, Guest Relations Manager at Fusion Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for coming out to experience the food at Fusion Karen J! The beach views are certainly one of the best features of the restaurant itself and we certainly enjoy having Chef Kevin Sharkey to create such great dishes! We certainly are an engaged group at Fusion and I am glad that Chef Sharkey came out to talk with you, he is known to make appearances throughout the area at charity events and on The Hampton Roads Show so be on the look-out! The words regarding outdoor dining are something that has been taken into consideration, and we are looking at possibly moving towards utilizing that space in the future. It is likewise great to hear you used the fantastic promotional events Virginia Beach has for dining, it really lets Chefs in the area open up and throw in even more of the 'wow factor'. Be sure to swing by Fusion for a great meal anytime and let us know if we can be of any further service! Best regards from the Fusion Team.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The Bison meatloaf was outstanding. The chopped salad is amazing. The restaurant has an entire wall of windows.

Thank you for the kind words Janis S! Since you enjoyed the Bison Meatloaf I would certainly encourage you to try the Bison Sliders the next time you dine with us! The meat itself has such great characteristics and it's a unique way to enjoy it! The chopped salad is a favorite among the restaurant staff as well, the dried cranberries sure do add an extra bit of 'pop' don't they? We would love to have you come back and soak in the scenic views and great food again. Knowing what you enjoyed previously can help us suggest even more dishes for you to try so you can have another 'YUM' moment! Best regards from the Fusion Staff and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Went on Chrismas day. Our reservation was for 3:45 and when we got there the restaurant was almost empty. We requested a table with chairs since my dad has a disability and the host refused to put us anywhere but in a booth. The tables with chairs never filled the entire time we were there. The she crab soup was cold, acutally all our food was a bit cold. The portions are extremely tiny. The waitress was slow to fill our water and bought my side dish after we had finshed eating. Place was pricy, food wasn't anything special, small portions, only good thing was the view of the ocean. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant!

Lilly S. I am sad to hear about your issues when you dined with us on Christmas day. Firstly I can assure you that we accommodate persons with disabilities as a top priority. As such I encourage you to let us know if a disability requires a specific table set up, since this is certainly different than a convenience request! With regard to the empty tables please understand that with a busy service we must plan within fine margins to make sure we can provide the best service possible. We investigated the food and beverage problems as well, and provided additional training where it was needed to correct these issues. We certainly welcome you back to try Fusion again as we pride ourselves on the training for our service staff and also the outstanding food quality! As always, feel free to address any issues directly with our management team and we will make sure to create a memorable experience if any troubles arise!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We tried the cedar planked salmon with creamed corn and oyster mushrooms (very good) and the free range chicken with mac and cheese as a side. Had read all the good reviews about the mac and cheese, but it was very ordinary and seemed like a boxed mix. The chicken tasted good but looked very unusual. It was a chicken leg with a wing attached...and I do mean ATTACHED! Maybe a mutant chicken? Service was slow but pleasant. We might give it another chance, but I won't order the chicken or mac and cheese again.

Rick M, Guest Relations Manager at Fusion Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for the review VARivergirl! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Mac and Cheese but delighted to know that the Cedar Plank Salmon was to your liking! The Mac and Cheese certainly isn't boxed, and hopefully the next time back you will give it another chance since usually it is a favorite. As for the Chicken it is an 'Airline Chicken Breast' which leaves the 'drumette' attached. Some say the name comes from the chicken still having a wing, hence the 'airline' description! We train our servers rather extensively, so I am hoping that them being 'slow' was simply making sure they weren't intrusive. I am glad that overall you enjoyed the experience and will be back in the future. Feel free to discuss any issues with the food or service to either myself, or any other member of the management team here at Fusion while you dine!