“Peaceful waterfront location with decent food”

Rockafeller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockafeller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Winston Salem Ave
Transit: Catch the Wave to Rockafeller's on Virginia Beach's hybrid electric trolleys! Trolley stops are available up and down the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Simply take the trolley to the 5th Street stop, then you will have a short and pleasant walk down Winston Salem Avenue (note it is the same as 5th St.). This deadends into Rockafeller's parking lot.
Description: When visiting Rockafeller's, one of Virginia Beach's landmark seafood restaurants located on Rudee Inlet, customers can expect a casual atmosphere and a menu with endless options, featuring fresh local seafood, steaks, pasta, sandwiches, Sunday Brunch, three course early bird specials and more! Our chalkboard specials will provide you with the freshest fish and seafood offerings available in Virginia Beach. Don't forget that Rockafeller's award winning homemade desserts offer the perfect way to finish off your dining experience . While there they can also feel good knowing that by supporting Rockafeller's they are also supporting one of the first Virginia Green restaurants. Large parties are always welcome with private banquet facilities which can accommodate groups from 9 to 90. Please visit our website, www.rockafellers.com to see a complete edition of what we have. Rockafeller's is committed to great service, freshly prepared food and environmental excellence.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Peaceful waterfront location with decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2005

Rockafeller's has a nice location on a quiet inlet. The food is generally pretty good, but not spectacular, and the prices quite fair for what you get. They earn some points for being one of the relatively few seafood restaurants that make sure that vegetarians can eat as well, offering a couple pastas. The bread that came with the meal was good, particularly the cornbread, which was nicely cake-y.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

north west england
“Well worth the effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2004

Unlike the previous commenter, we had no problem with the valet parkers - who were helpful and polite.

The restaurant is out of the main Virginia Beach area at a small harbour. It specialises in seafood and is well worth searching out. Apart from an extensive and interesting menu (which includes meat), there were a number of daily "specials".

The only note of criticism is that that the servers do not seem to use a pad to record the order - presumably relying on their memory. I'm always happier when I know they've written down what I want.

Chesapeake, VA
“The WORST - Rude Valet Drivers Turned Us Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2004

Too bad we were not given the opportunity to actually ENTER the restaurant and TRY the food!!! My husband and I were expected to meet my parents and my siblings (with spouses) there for a special dinner on the evening of Thursday, July 8th (my siblings do not live in the area and are not able to visit very often, and my mother is in failing health). We drive into the parking lot and were immediately confronted with a Valet #1 in a patron's car driving so fast that he almost hit us (NO exaggeration). When we finally regained our composure from that incident, we were maneuvering towards an EMPTY parking place when Valet #2 came running over to our car. I rolled down my window and he told us that there was ONLY valet parking that night. We explained that we simply wanted to take the available parking place that was only a few spaces away, and he told us that was not an option. We asked where else we might be able to park (after the Valet #1 almost hit our car, we were really not interested in having another valet drive our vehicle). Valet #2 told us he didn't care where we parked as long as we got out of his parking lot! As we were trying to maneuver around the lot so that we could leave, we encountered Valet #3 speeding in another patron's car. He blocked us to the point were we really couldn't move...and then processed to make all kinds of "unfriendly" hand gestures towards us. When he finally decided to move, we turned around and left the lot. We drove around a FOUR-block area TWICE looking for an available parking place and then gave up and drove home. As we were not able to come up into the restaurant as planned, my family was very hurt, and my brother is furious at ME for ruining was he perceived as the Last Supper. Unfortunately, there will be no further opportunity to review of this restaurant at another time as I can ASSURE you that my husband and I will NEVER set foot inside the establishment again. However, it would certainly be appropriate for the management to offer my parents a meal "on the house" as a result of this disaster caused by such "courteous" attention by restaurant personnel.

5 Thank HeirsByGrace
sparky66, pr at Rockafeller's Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2007
At nicer restaurants ALL parking is valet. I'm sorry that you had the experience you did but valet parking is there for the simple reason that there is NO FREE PARKING in Virginia Beach.