“Seems overrated bigtime”

Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Baker's Crust Artisan Kitchen in Virginia Beach opened for business in 1993 as an upscale casual restaurant offering a unique dining experience that encompasses a full menu exploding with flavor. The broad variety of menu items is sure to satisfy anyone's taste buds! Features: Daily Happy Hour, Daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Gluten-free Menu, Full Service Catering, Farm To Plate Salads, Neapolitan Pizzas, Free-Range Burgers, Home-made Desserts, Full Bar, Kids Menu
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I read all the raving reviews on trip advisor so decided to go while in virginia beach. I usually don't give bad reviews...( I'm pretty easy to please) but this place was not a good choice. I wouldn't be able to tell you how the famous pizza crust is because after my family ordered their pizza the waiter came back o say they are out of crust! (They were busy and forgot to take it out of the freezer...) that would be ok but your main thing is the pizza dough isn't it? I eat gluten free so I got a gf pizza and my family decided to get theirs on gf dough as well.(which was really just a frozen udis dough). I ordered a Popeye pizza. 1/2 the ingredients were missing and it was covered in salt! I had to take the layer of spinach off and wipe the pizza off because it was almost I edible. I compared it to bring dunked in the sea there was so much salt. I didn't want to complain because the waiter seemed to be rushing around trying to get off his shift. They did give my family free dessert because of the "out of dough thing" but that's the only reason they get an extra point. I was mad I put the kids in the car to drive out there. It will be better to stay on the boardwalk and eat from a little pizza joint On The beach. Not worth the 15 min. Drive from the hotels.

1  Thank Alyssaalessi

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I found this place by using trip advisor reviews, and we loved it! Big portions for decent prices. Burgers, salad and pizza were all excellent. My husband said one of the best burgers he's ever had (had bacon, not sure of the name). Cheesecake was delicious, I'd return just for it!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Baker's Crust is a great local chain serving up tasty food for reasonable prices. They have a separate gluten-free menu that is great and they are understanding of accommodations needed. Servers are friendly and the food usually comes out quickly. Also, there is usually a BankAmeriDeal for Baker's Crust which is an excellent way to get 10-15% back from the bill! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The service was top notch. Tasty goat cheese appetizer and Cobb salad were a great choice. They aren't open late which would be nice so get there early. Will go back to try their pizza next time. A great find among all the fast food chains that are most prevalent.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I really enjoyed this place! The pizza looked and smelled wonderful but due to some dietary restrictions I could not try it as late in the evening as I visited this restaurant. I did have an excellent Tuscan chicken. The portions were generous for dinner and outrageous for the strawberry crepe I ordered for dessert! I had to ask for a box to take more than half back to the bed and breakfast! Oh So Yummy! Well worth the modest prices!