“Food better than anticipated - watch the service though.”
Review of Anchor Inn - CLOSED

Anchor Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We enjoyed our first visit to Anchor Inn. It was cozy, pleasant and not overly crowded. The seafood was excellent and we have no complaints about the food quality/taste. Because our order took a few minutes longer than normal, the manager bought us a round of drinks. Gotta love that! But when I paid the bill, the server shorted me $10. When I called her on it, she just said "oh, you're right" and coughed up the missing $10. No apology. That kind of spoiled an otherwise great dining experience. I'll go back, but I'll certainly be checking my change pretty carefully.

2  Thank bjandsj
There are newer reviews for Anchor Inn

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have been to this restaurant more times than I can count. The staff have always been courteous and concerned for my needs and have corrected anything that my lunchmates have not enjoyed immediately.
One time out of dozens of visits I felt the need to complain, and I had immediate satisfaction and the staff was very help.
I don't understand the negative reviews. I have can say that when you are seeking a reasonably priced place to eat good food- this is the place.
If you want high quality, high prices and excellent atmosphere, go to Freemason Abbey in Norfolk. If you want happy, affordable food with a great atmosphere, go here.

2  Thank LadyM1209
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We visited on a Saturday night with two other couples and opted for the $38 date night special. The grilled veggies served with the dinner consisted of a sliced tomato with two thin pieces of zucchini and one ribbon thin piece of squash, which were all tasteless and grill less. The crab cake was average and the shrimp consisted of 3small shrimp. Our bill was over $50 with tax and tip included. I can think of many other worthwhile restaurants to spend $50 a couple at in Virginia beach. We will not be doing dinner here Anytime in the future and unfortunately wont be able to recommend to other friends.

1  Thank Rose58277
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I had the steak and shrimp special with a potato cake (yummy!!!), my Mom had the broiled fish of the day (Tilapia) the kids split the (lightly) blackend chicken alfredo-we all had dogie bags to take home. Love the sweet corn bread! I have been here several times and have never had a bad meal or bad service. Sometimes they get very busy and that causes the service to be a little slow-but all in all this is my favorite Va Beach place to enjoy a good seafood meal.

1  Thank lesley1965
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My daughter and I were out on the last day of school and we decided to go to the Anchor Inn for lunch. She had a very large salad with blackened chicken (the portion was so large my teenager couldn't finish it). And I had the fish and chips. I expect most places to serve some pre-breaded frozen fish like cod or pollack, but this was definitely NOT pre-breaded. It was tilapia, and it was delicious! The portion was definitely appropriate for lunch, and I couldn't finish the large portion of chips that accompanied the meal. As usual, their cornbread was light and warm, and the staff was attentive. All in all it was a great experience, and definitely as good as any I have had in tidewater.

2  Thank essi842